Rock lake... algonquin park??

hey guys i know there have been a few posts regarding algonquin park but i wanna be a little more detailed and ask about Rock lake...

i'm going to start camping algonquin this season and try to fish as many little back lakes as i can... right now for trout but when smallies open up ill definitely be after those....

the first lake i'm going to be targeting is rock lake, only reason is because they have the amenities, as were bringing the girls on this trip, and were allowed boats up to 20 hp.... later down the road we will do a lot of canoe renting....

anyways, i wanted as much info as possible on that specific lake, whether it be previous experiences, fishing info or just general structure.... i'll take any info offered.....

thanks a lot guys

fishingguy28

I paddled through Rock on my way down to clydegale. We didnt fish much on rock, be careful if its windy. They were dragging the lake for a body when we put in there. It's a nice lake, if you head south past the cottages and then west, there is a huge rock wall with old pictograph's on it. And though I never checked out the east side of the lake there is supposed to be an old log chute on the east side I think. If you are taking your girls and a motor boat, pack a lunch in the boat and head south to the portage to Pen lake. I remember the portage being really busy so my buddies and I had our lunch about half way through the portage next to a waterfall. I'm sure the girls would enjoy cooling down in the waterfall.

As for fishing like I said we didnt fish our way through rock lake. But we always rent from Algonquin bound and the guy there was always really knowlegeable about fishing

Algonquin bound