Video Of A Giant Pike

solopaddler

Awesome for you guys to get video of the whole deal, from the hook set, to the release of that giant.

Did Aaron fly in that big muskie landing net? It looks better than a cradle.

Slate Falls provided the nets. They also had brand new cradles for each boat which I normally use but the sides of those Alumarine boats were so high it made using the cradles difficult.

I love seeing that a guy as spoiled as you :tease:is still able to get fired up about catching big fish.

HAHA!! I'll tell you what, when I first watched that video I thought I was barely excited at all, almost comatose. You should see me when I'm really excited LOL!

Mike, its ok to get a lil excited bud

Thanks, the fire still burns hot in my belly and always will. :)

Ok mike.

Do me a favour. On your next trip, i wanna see a fish landed where you act like mike ianconelli.

Pretty please?

I usually edit the idiot stuff out but just for you, okay. :) Am headed north Armstrong next week with Chris and a couple others, I'll see what I can do.

Hahaha your awesome mike!

This will be epic!

The vid was great btw, and the graphic. I really hope you start filming more and do shows

Its unreal what you do for anglers and the fly ins etc.

Like you advertise but you dont over do it.

Miigwich and come fish with me some day. All those trips outta tbay are only 4 hours away from me?

Hahaha your awesome mike!

This will be epic!

The vid was great btw, and the graphic. I really hope you start filming more and do shows

Its unreal what you do for anglers and the fly ins etc.

Like you advertise but you dont over do it.

Miigwich and come fish with me some day. All those trips outta tbay are only 4 hours away from me

Appreciate it bud, and I'd love to fish with you at some point!

Thats a real nice gator Mike.

I notice you use the spinning reel alot in your videos. Are you not a fan of the bait casters?

I'm 50/50 spinning/baitcaster when fishing for pike. The spinning equipment I use offers some pretty serious advantages over a baitcaster depending on the baits I'm throwing. My current favourite is a 71/2' St. Croix Avid med/hvy saltwater rod paired with a 4000 series Shimano CI4 reel. It's a pure joy to fish with, rock solid and butter smooth.

I'm 50/50 spinning/baitcaster when fishing for pike. The spinning equipment I use offers some pretty serious advantages over a baitcaster depending on the baits I'm throwing. My current favourite is a 71/2' St. Croix Avid med/hvy saltwater rod paired with a 4000 series Shimano CI4 reel. It's a pure joy to fish with, rock solid and butter smooth.

Thanks Mike for the reply. I was just curious.