FloatnFly

It's a white variety of Joe Pye Weed that is quite common in wet swales and marshes. Usually find the lavender variety around here .

https://www.google.ca/search?q=eupatorium+maculatum+bartered+bride&sa=X&biw=1301&bih=585&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0CCUQsARqFQoTCJHd6pzCz8cCFYs9kgod-TgDYg

I would agree, except the leaves are different, on the Joe Pye Weeds, the leaves have a stem, these ones do not, they're growing directly out of the stalk

From the photos, My guess is the plant is Giant Hogweed.

If so, the sap from it can cause severe burning irritation to the skin.

Give it a wide berth.

the leaves are a dead give away that its not hogsweed. these are long and relatively thin, where on the hogsweeds, the leaves are similar in shape to that of a maple, but only much larger, with rounded points

Yep. We have that in our yard

As a kid we called that wild carrot before we knew better cause it smelled like carrots if you crushed the leaves and stems. Still think the plant in question is Boneset, a medicinal herb of the family that includes Joe Pye Weed.

There was a recent article in the Simcoe Informer ID ing all sorts of toxic plants common to Southern Ontario that look just like what I always called Queen Anne's lace and other harmless looking plants. Come to find out our Queen Anne's lace isn't and it is toxic. After reading that article I won't be looking in the woods for my wayward golf balls anytime soon. Not that I don't hit straight mind you.

Yeah, looks like boneset. Do NOT confuse it with the similar looking water hemlock, which is so poisonous that you don't even want to touch it. Just tasting it could kill, swallowing isn't necessary. http://www.perverdonk.com/wild%20flowers/Parsnip/Spotted%20Water%20Hemlock/200307281030%20Spotted%20Water%20Hemlock%20(Cicuta%20maculata)%20-%20Manitoulin%20Island.htm

In keeping with this turn of the thread and herbicides, anyone else remember the early 70's , when the US war on drugs was spraying Mexican herbs with Paraquat, nobody would touch Mexican weed back then for fear of getting more chemical than you bargained for.

MB2 better watch your field for low flying copters :tease:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraquat

Found a bunch of these in my yard?

Need help identifying

Probably just let em dry out and burn them

GTY_marijuana_459824915_jt_140202_16x9_6

Looks vaguely familiar MTB2

Just to be on the Safe-Side

Opinion Only

ID burn it my friendly

Dial up the YOUTUBE

Pump the Speakers to 10 plus