Yeti Cooler vs other brands

Mister G

FYI

If anyone is looking for a good deal, Canadian Tire has the Igloo Marine Ultra Cooler 95qt on sale (40% off) starting Friday.

http://flyer.canadiantire.ca/Canadiantire/WeeklyAd?storeid=2400516#!/store/2400516/sneakpeek/y

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/sports-rec/camping/coolers/hard-coolers/igloo-marine-ultra-cooler-100-qt-0853475p.html#.Vd6NFvlVjUc

Edited by DRIFTER_016

But I think probably 90% or more of us don't go camping in bear country or give Bubba the chance to go nuts on our coolers.

Yea, that's what I was sarcastically getting at. Not too bad on their part marketing wise though I'd say

Edited by B_Dan

Colemans for me

Block ice is where its at

I use a 10L spring water jug from the grocery store as an ice block.

I refill them with about 8L of tap water and throw in the freezer after I have finished the drinking the spring water.

It's just like a giant freezer pack in the cooler and doesn't fill it with water.

I only buy cubes so I have some to drop in me rum!!! ;)

I use a 10L spring water jug from the grocery store as an ice block.

I refill them with about 8L of tap water and throw in the freezer after I have finished the drinking the spring water.

It's just like a giant freezer pack in the cooler and doesn't fill it with water.

I only buy cubes so I have some to drop in me rum!!! ;)

Ive done the same bill but usually a lil smaller bottle.

I use frozen bottles at work too to keep things cold.

Cheap and effective and reusable

Yesterday I took 3/4" of Styrofoam and used that silver tape that you have to peel off the backing to secure it to my small 26 qt Igloo cooler cover that is tied down on the back of my boat. I use that to keep worms, drinks and food cold. I put in 3 frozen square qt containers laid on the bottom. Today and when I got home they were still 7/8 frozen. Not bad for 9 hours.....before that they would be less then 50% frozen, mostly water.

I paid only $20 for this Igloo marine cooler but was not happy with the very thin non-insulated cover. Now I very happy with it's performance.