A 3 hour tour...and well worth it.

fishnsled

As was stated in the Lake O thread, it's been a tough couple of years for many. Sunday gave me a sign of hope.

The forecast was for a very narrow window to fish before those east winds really got going, so Rubin and I decided to go for it. On the water bright and early with the winds already starting to blow, a far cry from the calm that was suppose to be. We made the bumpy ride east as to troll with the winds back to the harbour. Lines were down at 6:30 and shortly afterwards a small bow of 2 pounds is in the boat, it was a start. Reset the rod and continued to troll deeper until the winds said to turn west at 7am. Well shortly after turning west the dipsey fires with a screamer and Rubin is up. With his fish about 80ft back, the other dipsey fires with another screamer. Decide to let that fish run figuring it had hooked itself and I cleared one of the other rods. I net Rubin's fish and grab the other rod and start my battle. A pair of long overdue beauties.

P1020912.jpg

P1020914.jpg

With the lines all reset I thought I'd pour a coffee and relax but no time for that as another rod goes off. This time with a nice bow for Rubin.

P1020917.jpg

Line reset and reached for the coffee and another rod goes off, another screamer. This one had some attitude and wanted nothing to do with the net but we succeeded.

P1020919.jpg

Line reset, I look at my coffee and I do manged a few sips before another line goes zinging off.

P1020923.jpg

Line reset and can't imagine the day getting any better when the rigger rod fires with the Lyman on it. I've never had any luck with them but it was one of those days.

P1020927.jpg

Looked at the time as the winds were starting to blow pretty good...9am. With some of the waves pushing the 4-5 ft mark, we decided to call it a day. As much as it pained me to do it, most likely the better decision. A trip that we'll remember for a very long time.

Edited by fishnsled

Nice to get a mix of Steelies with those Kings. Incredible fishing out east...I call it Salmon Nirvana, and I tell locals that fish out that way how good they have it. Many of the regulars that fish these eastern ports call the fishing dismal this year...clearly they haven't spent much time in Mississauga or Oakville LOL

Great pictures considering how much you must have been getting tossed around. Worth getting up early and making the drive too!

Thats a great day Wil and you got a full body/fish pic of Rub.

There is always one without.... :rofl2:

P1020911.jpg

Tony, I'd be one of those complaining about the east end the last couple of years but not nearly as bad as the stories from the west. We usually get a few but size and numbers have been a challenge till this trip. A lot of it has to be just putting your time in as there are some great reports coming from the east. Hope to be back at it this weekend.

HTHM - A very good insulated coffee mug is critical. Mine it rated to keep beverages hot for 4-6 hours I believe. :D