Snoring dogs NF

Joey

OMG, here I sit up at 12:40 a.m. because my beloved dog snores like a maniac. Anybody else have a dog that snores??? I'll shove him once in awhile but it only lasts a few minutes before it starts again. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Get him up and tell him to go sleep on the couch like my wife does. Oh you mean a real Dog not your husband? Tell him to get out of the bedroom or you go sleep on the couch.

My wifes cat snores and has cat nightmares, I swear. And I hate cats so guess who sleeps on the couch?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Lol .... My 2 cats snore big time !!!! I have even recorded it ... Too funny they also dream too as I have watched them move and let out little meows while totally passed out !!! Lol but ya dogs can snore pretty good as well my freinds sheppard will get snoring pretty loud .... Lol

Our dog will snore , but not very loudly, but she dreams like crazy, legs kick, woofs, rapid eye movement, all too funny . I thinks snoring is more common in breeds like yours Joey, growing up, neighbours had small bulldog type breeds and they'd all snore.

The other night my black lab started HOWLING in his sleep! No word of a lie. It scared the crap out of me! I got out of bed running to see wth was going on, and he was laying in his bed sound asleep!! He barks and growls in his sleel all the time, but howling?? Like really?

S.

I have a 100lb american bulldog that sleeps in the bed with us, it was cute when she was a puppy but its painful now! She snores like a banshee and her talons will dig into you in the middle of the night when she stretches.

My advice, if you dont want a dog in your bedroom at night you gotta start when they are just puppies.

Edited by Gallie

My daughter's English Bulldog can snore like nothing I've ever heard before - apparently a breed trait - and used to regularly emit noxious gases that made your eyes water (until they changed his food, thank God). All the shoving and shaking i the world won't get him to stop.

My Chocolate Lab (who I lost last week after 13 1/2 years) also used to snore but he would also whimper and softly bark in his sleep and his legs would go a mile a minute like he was chasing something in his dreams. At 85 lbs. that would make the bed shake like there was an earthquake!

I miss that now.

Wow, some really great stories here, thanks all. Sorry for your loss glenner :(

Ralphie also has dreams and barks, howls and does the kicking thing. Also sleeps with his eyes open sometimes. Kind of freaky. We are both tired today from his snoring, but ya gotta love em !!!!!

Oh Rosco can drown out the window shaker AC in our bedroom with his snoring or whatever other battles he dreaming of. The one night he's flat on is back, sound asleep and barking as loud as if he was after the mailman. The noises he makes I can deal with; it's when I get up in the middle of the night for a pee and he takes my spot on the bed with his head on my pillow. Try moving a 100 pound Basset Hound/Rottweiler mix when he has the attitude of you move you loose. LOL

Rosco2.jpeg

Dan.

lol The GF and i just got a king bed 3 weeks ago, in the past Cash used to sleep closer to our feet and sneak up closer to our faces after we were asleep, but now because of the gap between her shoulders and mine, well that seems like a perfect place to sit...as always with cash, the closer to your face he can get the better. Many times i have woken up with him nestled under my chin. The worst part is that he sneakily does this stuff while you are fast asleep.

dog-sleeping-diagram.jpg

Edited by AKRISONER

Joey, I have a Boston and he also snores and wakes up howling at nothing. I recall reading somewhere that it is fairly common for short snout dogs to snore, breathing issues? Bostons are also bothered by heat, the density of oxygen is less in warm air, just like in warm water.