Georgian Bay Mini Vacation

Brettiop

Well 6 of use headed up near Point Au Baril for the weekend, had awesome time

Thanks to the people that offered advice, Rock shoals produced some nice bass for us.

First morning just the guys went out, found a shoal just around the corner from the cottage, we were drop shottin. We managed to land 9 bass, mostly smaller ones under a pound but got one 3lber, and i lost a big 4+ near the boat. i thought that one would haunt me all weekend

Matt with the first decent fish of the weekend

image_zpsdva0xd37.jpg

Got a few of these tiny guys throughout the weekend as well

image_zpsa0s6oykm.jpg

We went out a bit later on in the day but never really got into them, just some smaller bass.

image_zpsdsjwag9j.jpg

The next morning was spent recovering from the night before, so we didn't get out until the afternoon.

We spent an hour casting for pike with no luck...just couldn't find the weeds we needed.

We were about to our original rock shoal that produced morning before, but i took a scan of the area on the Navionics and noticed a few really nice looking rock shoals just a few hundred yards away, so i said we'll hit this up before going back, glad we stopped there!

We caught a few 2-3lbers and things were looking up, I switched to an anglers choice Misty craw tube, and within a few casts felt a thud on the line.

A few botched net jobs and a dozen crazy runs later a nice black Georgian bay football was in the net! Made up for losing the tank i had on the day before.

Right after that every one started using tubes, ken got a nice pike and others were catching some nice bass as well.

image_zps3ffiid5k.jpg

I managed another nice bass on the tube, then a few minutes later i hooked into another giant.

Another great fight and i got the second tank in the boat! Took some measurements and released them both to fight another day. I thought it would go 5lbs but it was a hair under, 19.5".

image_zpsobjq2atd.jpg

That was the highlight of the trip for me, what a blast catching these were.

We went out to a shallow bay and managed nearly a dozen hits on the topwater frogs but didnt keep any buttoned. Needed more time to hone in the top water hook set i guess!

Thanks for reading people!

Edited by Brettiop