Please chime in pinheads

CRUD150

My good fishing buddy was able to land a great 16.64lb rainbow in the Chantry derby.

He won a RSG custom reel and a custom rod. We are just wondering what the value of this package might be. I suggested that he may want to schedule this on his home insurance.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

My good fishing buddy was able to land a great 16.64lb rainbow in the Chantry derby.

He won a RSG custom reel and a custom rod. We are just wondering what the value of this package might be. I suggested that he may want to schedule this on his home insurance.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

That package is probably close to 2k (Depending on the rod) The reel itself is well over $1000.

If it was the orange one pictured here, it's not a center pin reel, it's a mooching reel.

Ron's donation this year to the Chantry Classic.

Value, not cheap.

mooch%201_zpswsi65ohj.jpg

Yup, buddy got the orange one. And yes, I understand it is a mooching reel. Thought it would value about the same as a custom float reel by RonSG.

Do you have any info on the 13' rod that came with it?

Yup, buddy got the orange one. And yes, I understand it is a mooching reel. Thought it would value about the same as a custom float reel by RonSG.

Do you have any info on the 13' rod that came with it?

WOW, very nice prize :clapping: You sure the rod with it is 13 foot, I run a 10 1/2 with a moocher , that is pretty well standard. I find 10 1/2 long enough in a boat, especially alone.

Nice job on the win, and my wife thought i was insane to pay 450 for my calcutta... Yeesh

The best I can hope for when I die is that my wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid

Beauitifull reel..never seen anything like it

What's the difference between a centrepin and a mooching reel?

I will give an answer, but Im sure my expertice will be upstaged.LOL

The mooch is built for rigger fishing. It,s got a drag system, although it will smack your knuckles if your not use to them.

Pin is free spin although some do have a drag, but not sure if they are the same as the mooch.

Also line capacity is much more on the mooch then the pin as it,s a wider body.

Im just comparing my old ABU mooch compared to my newer pins G.

Im sure you can get a better def from others.

Edit to add, I use my pin for rigger fishing and still have my knuckles. :Gonefishing::whistling:

Edited by Brian B