Swivel eze 238 seat post....

jtracc

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows where I can get one of these posts for my crestliner? They are also used on Lund and princecraft. I can't seem to locate a local dealer. Looking for the tall 27" post for a second butt seat. I have the adjustable one that came with my boat, but dealer wants like $400 for another one, so they can keep it.

Any info appreciated

Thx

Joe

Try West Marine if you have one nearby... The 238 series are hard to find for some reason, especially considering they come in so many new boat... add Starcraft, Sylvan and Smokercraft to that list.

Should be $60-$80 max

I know almost every tin bost has this from factory.....

Bass pro doesn't have the post, they have the seat adapter and a drivers base but that's it. I'm waiting for crestliner dealer to get back to me but I'm guessing is not going to be cheap.

Thx for info

Joe

Have you looked at Cabelas? http://www.cabelas.com/category/Pedestals-Bases/104492880.uts

Should be cheaper than the dealer even with the shipping, duty costs and exchange rate....maybe not.

Would be nice to find it on the Canadian side. Central Outboard had some the last time I was there, might be worth a call if they are close to you.

Edited by fishnsled

Cabela's and you can add Polar Kraft to the boat list using the 238 posts.

Have you looked at Cabelas? http://www.cabelas.com/category/Pedestals-Bases/104492880.uts

Should be cheaper than the dealer even with the shipping, duty costs and exchange rate....maybe not.

Would be nice to find it on the Canadian side. Central Outboard had some the last time I was there, might be worth a call if they are close to you.

Cabela's and most other retailers won't carry the long posts. If you think finding a 27" post is tough, try finding the 238 slider!

Save your coin and DIY. I made mine myself. I have the lund seats and air ride posts on my main floor but the front deck butt seat I put together myself. You need three pieces. The post, the seat and the spider (connects the seat to the post). The seat I bought from BPS for $20 and it matches the colour of my other seats and boat. The spider I stole it from an extra seat that I currently don't use (this you may not have the option for, but since you only inquired about the post, I assume you're okay). And last but not least the post... I purchased a 2 3/8" aluminum tube from the metal supermarket. I then cut it to the length and voila! I had a fixed post that cost me under $30? I forgot the exact cost since I used the post for other things too. It not adjustable, but its not $400...

Cabela's and most other retailers won't carry the long posts. If you think finding a 27" post is tough, try finding the 238 slider!

I just seen several sliders for a 238 today at Cabela's. the Cheektowaga, NY store...they were in the BARGAIN CAVE part of the store for $74

I just seen several sliders for a 238 today at Cabela's. the Cheektowaga, NY store...they were in the BARGAIN CAVE part of the store for $74

Just my luck! I used to be in Cheektowaga daily but doubt I'll ever get back there now.

Looking for the one on the bottom in the pic...

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/userfiles/images/attwood-old/238142_grp.jpg

Just my luck! I used to be in Cheektowaga daily but doubt I'll ever get back there now.

Looking for the one on the bottom in the pic...

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/userfiles/images/attwood-old/238142_grp.jpg

I picked up the one in the top pick for ~$60 up at Central Outboard Marine. If you are not going to be in the GTA you may want to try your local Princecraft, Lund, or Polarcraft dealership.

It doesn't sound like the Cabela's price was a bargain.

Not to far from central outboard marine. I will try them. Don't need to got to a Lund dealer I can get one from a crestliner dealer. The problem is I have to order and the full power pedestal one is over $400!

Edited by jtracc