NF- BBQ........

FloatnFly

Best BBQs are Weber, Neapolian and Broil King.

The rest are pretty much all made in Asia and don't last long and work poorly after a few years.

Personally, my next BBQ will be a Weber charcoal grill for under $200.

Can't beat charcoal for flavour.

Takes longer but worth it.

Spend a bit more on a unit like the broil king baron 440, just got one myself and I have relatives who have a similar older units that are going on the 7-10 year mark and have no signs of giving up anytime soon you'd be looking in the $600 range for a NG unit, $50 less for propane and there are some variances with the lid being stainless or cast (black)

https://www.lowes.ca/gas-grills/broil-king-barontrade-440-4-burner-40000-btu-natural-gas-grill-with-side-burner-922167_g1773058.html?searchTerm=Broil+King+Baron&ProductSlot=4

Also built in Canada/North America

Edited by Lucas F

Best BBQs are Weber, Neapolian and Broil King.

The rest are pretty much all made in Asia and don't last long and work poorly after a few years.

Personally, my next BBQ will be a Weber charcoal grill for under $200.

Can't beat charcoal for flavour.

Takes longer but worth it.

^^ what he said!, I've won't be going back to a gasser anytime soon! I have a Weber Performer.... They are pretty basic, but if I'm in a hurry a can start the charcoal via propane if I need to. It's a cool little feature I've use about three times... Only because I'm not usually in that much of a hurry :)

You can't even compare something cooked on a gas BBQ to something over charcoal.

If you can do it.... Go charcoal.... More and more people are going back to the basics.

I have owned 2 BBQs the last twenty three years both were Ducanes. The best BBQ on the market,only one on the market that is truly 100 percent stainless steel,nuts bolts and burners included. The second I have is in year 10 and still looks like new and will easily last another 10. Yes there are a little pricey but well worth it. The one I have now cost 800 on sale at Home Depot ten years ago.

I have owned 2 BBQs the last twenty three years both were Ducanes. The best BBQ on the market,only one on the market that is truly 100 percent stainless steel,nuts bolts and burners included. The second I have is in year 10 and still looks like new and will easily last another 10. Yes there are a little pricey but well worth it. The one I have now cost 800 on sale at Home Depot ten years ago.

we won a ducane at chili cook off when I was 10, my dad still had it up until last year, 20 years old. I missed out on a ducane when I bought the broilmate, a display model went on sale for the same price i bought the other one for, was just missing one of the grates

I also won my first Ducane from the London home Builders Association during a promo. Liked it so much when it was time for a new one we did not even look at other brands. Up til winning it we were buying the 150 dollar ones at CT that needed replacing every 2 years.

I bought a broil king baron 320 this year and love it. We didn't need tons of space or additional side burners or stainless steel. It is a quality built unit with a great warranty and it cooks awesome. The grilles are cast iron, burners are stainless. Built in North America. We paid $450 at Lowe's at the beginning of summer. I imagine there are some sales on at this time of year.

Ryan

Neapolian use to be the number one go to. Thats when they were made %100 in Canada. Well Barrie/Oro really. Our plant even stamped thier burnners and sear plates. No longer. Most of the parts now are from over seas. So it is assembled in Canada, Shame really.

Broil King gets my vote. Funny thing this morning, I seen one at the side of the road. Opened and there were heavy cast iron grills. They are getting a wash down and put on my grill. ;)

I know what the better brands are, Im not looking for that, can't afford those ones

Broil King has always been the best value.. Weber, Ducane, and Napoleon are all great but more $$.

Like noted above, there should be some good sales coming up and don't forget Kijiji. Sometimes people win BBQs at golf tournaments, etc. and are selling them.

Floatnfly. If you are going to buy from HD make sure to ask them about their warranty and parts supply. My grills did not even last 2 years, couldn't replace them at HD. Had to buy generics at BBQ World. And the drip shields done in two and had to make some.

Never again.

Edited by davew3

Floatnfly. If you are going to buy from HD make sure to ask them about their warranty and parts supply. My grills did not even last 2 years, couldn't replace them at HD. Had to buy generics at BBQ World. And the drip shields done in two and had to make some.

Never again.

I had new drip sheilds made by my father in-law, nice thick stainless steel, 3 years and still solid as ever. The one I linked above is online only, but I do have a source that works for Bradley

I would be very wary due to the country of MFG. Last line in description.

Over twenty years ago I bought a Broil King made out of cast iron. Still have it at the trailer. Sure, have replace the guts a few times but it keeps on working.

Buy quality, last a life time.

Regards

Well, you can forget about Ducane as they are out of business and you cannot get parts for older ones.

I have a Vermont Castings that is on year 13 and aside from the obvious rusting of the body and frame, the burners and valves all function perfectly. It gets used 365, regardless of weather and is natural gas.

I think the advice given is good, given your budget. Look for floor models or end of line items that are reduced.

On a personal note, I think Webers are over priced and over rated. The materials used by Weber seem to me, to be thin and a result, not capable of retaining heat.

HH