A couple of car/boat questions...

northernpike56

If you want a ford ranger or a Mazda b series you better start looking. The 4 litre 4x4 is a solid little machine that can be beat on for years. A very popular model that is only available used now. Why did ford/ Mazda stop making these trucks? I just did some serious searching for a small truck and all I could find in the 4L 4x4 category was old high mileage at $6000 - $12000 or 5-6 year old trucks selling for $15000

be careful of the source of these tow ratings

the same vehicle in europe / asia / australia may be rated to tow xxxxlbs while in north america it is rated to tow zilch.

it doesn't mean it can't tow xxxxlbs but it does mean if you get into trouble, you ain't covered.

always check the canadian specs.

you should take a look at the volvo xc90 or xc70 from 2004 to 2007 with the 2.5t engine. Solid AWD drivetrain and not heavy on gas. reliable and very comfortable family car and can tow 3500 lbs easily without the addition of anything. and if you want to check reviews, do not look at the reviews for the t6 models as the transmissions on those are no good. check for the 2.5t and you are gold!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

went to go look at my first boat today! Now I have a couple more questions...

The boat is an older looking 12 ft starcraft, on a good condition trailer with an old 9.5 hp outboard on the back. The motor had the serial number in the usual spot, but I couldnt find a serial number anywhere on the boat or trailer... Do they usually not have serial numbers? (even my sportspal canoe had a serial number on it, so I'd think there would be one for an actual boat/trailer). The owner has the ownership for the trailer, but I would think I might have some trouble registering it without a very precise bill of sale that has a serial number written on it.

Also, in terms of the bill of sale, should I be getting him to write me three bills of sale, so I don't have to pay a huge amount of tax when just registering the trailer?

Thanks!

If you don't plan on registering the boat than you'll just need 2 Bills of sale, one for the trailer. One for boat and motor to prove you now own it. If you want to register it than get 3 boat, motor and trailer. There is a form online that shows what they would like to see on a bill of sale as far as information goes.