Weight of 14' aluminum with trailer

Is it just a tinny or are there heavy wooden floors added? Unless the floors are made of lead, I'm sure you'll be fine. A tinny with a 9.9 and trailer would be around 1000 pounds Max is think. If floors maybe add a hundred pounds. I think you're fine.

I can nearly single handedly pick up my 14 with a 15 on it. I can actually pick up the entire front by myself without issue. and am able to lift the back when i lift really really hard...it probably weighs 300lbs max.

The trailer I cant imagine weighing an insane amount either.

Youll be totally fine.

How much weight will be in the truck? The towing capacity for all weight being towed plus the cargo and passengers inside the truck.

The boat, motor, & trailer will should be well under 1,500 pounds. But, if you have four large guys and their luggage in addition to the boat you will likely be over the limit.

I have a 16 foot boat, full floor, casting deck, livewell and lockers with a 50hp as well as 3 batteries. It weighs just a shade under 1500lbs with trailer. I had it weighed at the dump scales. I prefer to pull it with my truck, but often will tow and launch it with a 4 cylinder SUV if I'm travelling a fair distance and want to save gas. You'll be fine with a tinner!

What truck do you have that only hAS a 1500lb towing capacity? Or is it your hitch? Bumper hitches are 250lb tonge weight 1500 towing. Any way you put it, you will be well under 1000lbs, dont worry. I know a guy that hauls a 14' sea nymph with a 20, fully loaded with an Accord...

I have a 14' Lund with 20 hp yammy 4 stroke, MinnKota electric trolling motor, 2 batteries & other miscellaneous gear such as paddles, anchor, mooring lines (small stuff). I just did a quick breakdown of my total weight being towed.

Boat with full floor 350 lbs (boat is 285 lbs - bare bones)

Yammy 140 lbs

MinnKota 40 lbs

2 batteries 120 lbs

Trailer 250 lbs?? (only an educated guess)

Total 900lbs

Small stuff add 50 lbs

I'm sure you will be OK.

• 2 weeks later...