Hot W/E action on Balsam lake!

Slayingm

I had 2 guide trips on Balsam lake this weekend and like the weather the action was hot! In fact on Sunday we boated 15 nice Walleye and lots of Smallies and a nice Pike. Sat. we also boated good numbers of Walleye and smallmouth. The Walleye were all caught jigging grubs and minnow style plastics on deep weedlines throughout the lake. Here is a typical Walleye one of my customers caught on Sunday.

20150726_123119-1_resized_zpsifmotnkg.jp

On the Sat. trip I had 4 guys out and they all caught a few fish including this pig smallmouth that crushed a jerkbait. We were catching our bass on tube jigs and jerkbaits in 4- 10ft of water with rocks and scattered weed clumps.

20150725_1007140-1_resized_zpsktgtihia.j

Aside from all the fish we caught the highlight for me was the gourmet lunch my customers brought in a monster cooler.... even ate on china plates!!

20150725_122034-1_resized_zpsyamc9mn7.jp

Stay safe and Good Fish'n.... Greg.

I think I may be looking for a guide in September. How much notice do you need?

Hi Sofabed, all Fridays and weekends are booked up to the end of August so only booking weekdays now. I have lots of dates avail in Sept including w/e's but they will all fill.... I will PM you.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I may be looking for a guide in September. How much notice do you need?

Hi Caster.... all my Fridays and weekend dates are fully booked until mid Sept so only booking week dates now. I have Sept 5th and 20th avail for a weekend date.

Hey drhook, slayingm or anyone else in the know.....I'm fishing Balsam in a few weekends. Any advice on baits, colors, etc? I will be targeting bass

I have great success with Dark Pumpkin and smoke coloured tube jigs and also X-Rap and Husky jerk jerkbaits working rock/weed areas in 5-10ft of water. Good luck!