How old is OFC/OFC?

Big Cliff

I was recently emailing another member and made a comment that I had been a member since way back in the beginning. Then I got to thinking; when did it really start?

As far back as I can remember I think I must have first found the site back around 1998 or 1999. I know we moved here in 2001 from Milton and I had been a member for at least a year or so at that point.

Roy, T.J.? Anyone?

It would be really nice to have T.J. (or someone) give us the history. Might even be nice if it was a part of the site with it's own heading. "The history of OFC".

Saddly we have lost a lot of good people over the years, thankfully we do have some of them listed in our site, never to be forgotten!

Thats cool

I see some back then and still here as well.

1 Staff Member, 44 Members, 35 Guests. Most users online was 115, Apr 10, 2006, 1:19pm
charlesn, Camp Chef, Terry, RH, Chrispy, Grouper Trooper, Fish4Life, Mike Pike, craig, Jello, kitfisher, CamB, Fishnfiend, da9r, peps, Gman, Beans, thecraftyprince, fatdaddy,Lexxington, ketchenany, Kirk, blueaxela, bigfish1965, RangerGuy, Mr. Rain, boost, Steel28, seanik, Mepps, hopey007, 4weight, pameladallaire, FishHeadRic, dwc67, ohmz,rizzo, lovetofish, 1leggedangler, muskyfanatic, Nemo, Big Bass Rich, ptmpete, Fishface, hutdweller

Zoology board was around before OFC, that was Andy's old site. It ended when he retired from U of T. I found this place from that one. Have lurked ever since, really just started posting on here in the last 5 years, but read it since the beginning.

I'd never touched a computer in my life until 2002 and knew absolutely nothing about them, infact I had little interest in them.

My wife had one though and I decided maybe I should see what it was all about. She showed me the basics and said I could probably find some stuff about fishing. I started putzing around and came across the "the real fishing" website and started following links.....although back then I had no idea what a link was.

Eventually it led me to the OFC site and it seemed kinda interesting so I started reading it and decided this computer stuff was pretty good.

Been hanging around ever since.

And howcum everytime I type OF..."ENN"...it comes up as OFC ??

Edited by lew

I'd never touched a computer in my life until 2002 and knew absolutely nothing about them, infact I had little interest in them.

My wife had one though and I decided maybe I should see what it was all about. She showed me the basics and said I could probably find some stuff about fishing. I started putzing around and came across the "the real fishing" website and started following links.....although back then I had no idea what a link was.

Eventually it led me to the OFC site and it seemed kinda interesting so I started reading it and decided this computer stuff was pretty good.

Been hanging around ever since.

And howcum everytime I type OF..."ENN"...it comes up as OFC ??

I was pretty much the same Lew.

It took me forever to get the ,posting the picture thing down back then. OMG,

We had to type in the whole address link thing.

What was it, [img/] insert image[img/]

IT WAS SO FRUSTRATING.

But look at what this place did.

Family we never even knew we had.

Edited by Brian B

Thats cool

I see some back then and still here as well.

1 Staff Member, 44 Members, 35 Guests. Most users online was 115, Apr 10, 2006, 1:19pm

charlesn, Camp Chef, Terry, RH, Chrispy, Grouper Trooper, Fish4Life, Mike Pike, craig, Jello, kitfisher, CamB, Fishnfiend, da9r, peps, Gman, Beans, thecraftyprince, fatdaddy,Lexxington, ketchenany, Kirk, blueaxela, bigfish1965, RangerGuy, Mr. Rain, boost, Steel28, seanik, Mepps, hopey007, 4weight, pameladallaire, FishHeadRic, dwc67, ohmz,rizzo, lovetofish, 1leggedangler, muskyfanatic, Nemo, Big Bass Rich, ptmpete, Fishface, hutdweller

I wonder if some of the joining dates were lost when the board switched from OFC to OFC.

I was pretty much the same Lew.

It took me forever to get the ,posting the picture thing down back then. OMG,

We had to type in the whole address link thing.

I had no clue how to post pictures either Brian and used to take my prints to some joint in Toronto called ...I think...computer cafe or something like that. They'd scan them and email them to Cory who in turn posted them on the board for me.

My computer skills still haven't improved much since those days but at least now I can post the odd picture :lol: