How old is OFC/OFC?

Big Cliff

Great gesture Dan, giving your jacket to the guide.

Those jackets were pretty popular back in the day and lots of us guys wore them but darned if I know where mine is now, I'm guessing it got lost when I moved 8 years ago.

Cnv0063.jpg

Anybody still have their OFC mug ?

The handle fell off mine the 1st time I ever poured a coffee in it but I still have it along with a bunch of other mugs I've collected over the years.

Weird but I can't attach the picture for some reason...oh well 

Edited by lew

On 7/21/2015 at 7:35 PM, lew said:

I had no clue how to post pictures either Brian and used to take my prints to some joint in Toronto called ...I think...computer cafe or something like that. They'd scan them and email them to Cory who in turn posted them on the board for me.

My computer skills still haven't improved much since those days but at least now I can post the odd picture :lol:

Lew, did we not also have to have the photo hosted somewhere like photobucket or something? I think you had to type in a link to that other host site. Pain in the butt! This format today is so much easier there is no excuse for not posting fish pictures! lol

23 minutes ago, Rattletrap2 said:

I had no clue how to post pictures either Brian and used to take my prints to some joint in Toronto called ...I think...computer cafe or something like that. They'd scan them and email them to Cory who in turn posted them on the board for me.

My computer skills still haven't improved much since those days but at least now I can post the odd picture :lol:

OMG the pain. Thank goodness, guys like Spiel and Cory were heads up on us to help back then.

17 hours ago, Fisherman said:

OFC is so old it's almost ready to collect pension.

That would be nice....   1999 is when I started this...   we went through a few versions of the board, outgrowing each one, until we settled on a standalone site in 2006.  It was the wild west in here for a few years I tell you.  Ruined a few vacations.. LOL  remember being on a satellite phone north of gowganda one year on a fly in trying to sort out troubles...  with the advent of facebook traffic decreased, but for the last year weve been seeing an upswing again as people get more fed up with fb.

• Like 1

do I look like I give a .....what's his name. Good times (for some of us). I joined around 2003 I think when I got my first computer. Right away joined three or four sites...this is the one that stuck over the years. Was in that picture from the 2004 G2G at Lakair that mepps posted, and made it to one or two after that but not in a long time.  Nice to see those pictures but also a bit sentimental when you think of those you've met who are no longer with us

I am no longer entirely sure who directed me to this site, but it was probably Moosebunk.  ANYWAYS, when I tried the acronym he gave me, I got the Overseas Federation of Nigerian Christians.  I did not think I was in the right spot............?  But I found my way here eventually.....

Doug

• Like 1

Started on FishOntario in 2002, added Fish-Hawk in 2003 as it was basically home turf waters that most there were posting about, and later started lurking here in 04 I think, came on about 05/06 and joined NAA, RB's and YRF about then too.  All have basically died, with F-H likely to be the next. 

Soooooooooo many people have come and gone but some still really stand out for each of us when you see their names.  It would be great to hear how old members are doing, I always like reports, and guys like say Cookslav's spring Algonquin trips, Tony or Aaron's summer salmon days, Ramble's backwoods tours, etc, etc. are the types of personal fishing reports and stories which I always felt fueled me to read more.   Steve posted the names Pameladellaire and Mepps as well.  Pam years back sent me a print of one of her paintings.  She had painted it from a picture I had taken of a cabin on Hancock Creek outside of Moosonee.  Couple months ago I was looking at it here at home and happily remembering that kind gesture and the fact she used to post her paintings here.  Well, she fell off the face of the earth, like many people actually do from these sites, except that some of us for whatever reason never forget them.  And Joey!!! How could any of us forget her, she was beautiful with everyone here and off site as well.  Doesn't matter how old this place is, the next person or post that could have some impact on your life could happen any time. 

• Like 1

I owe a debt of gratitude to these boards from the early days. Meeting up with lots good folks with a similar passion further fueled my fire over the years and now many are good close friends... not just fishing buddies.

Tiller, Verklempt, WGSF, Lakair, Swill.

See ya at the Firehall