Three Mile Lake - Utterson, Muskokas off Hwy141

wigler

Been a member here for a while. More of a lurker as opposed to a poster. Love all the posts and the information. Jealous of some of the fishing adventures you guys get into.

So my small adventure is heading to Three Mile Lake this weekend for a week at a cottage. Never fished there. Found some posts related to this lake from a few years ago but nothing recent.

Does anyone have any experience there? What can I expect?

Should I target walleye or bass? Or both.

Just have a canoe so I will not be travelling too far from home base. Staying in the Eastern portion of the lake.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

Very muddy lake, vis is almost none existent ?(at least when I was there last year).. Got into some walleyes though, mostly jigging. I've got a buddy who fished that lake and catches them on pretty much everything., No monsters but a decent population for sure.

I haven't fished the lake for over 10 years, but when I did, we'd motor over to any windblown shoreline and cast jigs for walleye. I remember we'd catch nice eater size walleye and smallies. Twister-tail grubs w/minnows were the tickets for both species, jigging along the bottom as well as casting and retrieving. Simple.

The eastern end of the lake is pretty much a giant weed flat - if you have a graph for your canoe , look for any slightly deeper holes - even 2 or 3 feet of a depth break seem to congregate a few walleye.

Never caught any walleyes over a Lb or 2 there, but decent numbers

Try a Ripplin Redfin trolled early or late in the day. Perch colour, chrome or gold

GL MIKE