Rain suits?

tomkat

Picked up a Frabill F Series (F2) last season and I really like it. From Le Baron I believe.

It comes in 4 different weights (F1 to F4). You purchase the jacket and bib overall bottoms separately. I really like the bibs as they are warm, dry, and have reinforced knees.

Anything with Goretex is good quality. With Fall coming up there should be some sales popping up at Cabela's and BPS. Cream of the crop would be Simms Pro Dry. I have the Simms and can vouch for it's quality. Light and breathable. I also have and use Frabil FXE and like it too. I tend to wear the Frabil when it's cooler out as it's a heavier outfit.

Check the Frogg Toggs suits they sell at Bass Pro. Extremely lightweight, you barely know you are wearing them, it really is incredible, very waterproof, I have sat in a downpour for over an hour and was dry as a bone and not sweating as they are much more breathable than Gore Tex. The price is certainly much cheaper too. The suit I have I picked up for $35 a few years back, on sale and I have never had a better rain suit in my life and love the price compared to other suits.

http://www.basspro.com/Brand-Frogg-Toggs/_/N-1z0xe6u?catalogId=10051&langId=-1&storeId=10151

For light weight warmer weather look at the frog togs, they are decent price and will keep you dry. For the cooler months I have a bps 100 mph suit, very well built and work great. I had the old suit for 10 yrs and still keep me bone dry. I also have the newest style which are even better. Simms are nice but if you don't feel like spending $1100 look at the 100 mph suit.

@ jtracc you are right. I should have elaborated on what I posted. The Simms is way over the top for your average angler. I fish walleye tournaments and am in really nasty weather more times than not. The BPS and Cabela's suits would be more than adequate for the average angler. In fact I see a lot of pro' s wearing the same suits. Just keep your eyes open for a sale on what ever you decide to purchase.

I have owned a bps pro qualifier suit and have to say I prefer the cabelas guide wear over the bps suit. I also have a frabill f4 suit but have only wore it a couple of times so can't say how it stands up over time. The Cabelas suit I have had for 3 years now and still very good. Holding up better than the bps one did

Still waiting for any breathable rain suit that keeps me dry when I am sitting on the pier in my foldable chair... The rain pools on the back and seat of the chair and I eventually end up wet in any of the 6 different kinds of breathable suits I have...

Frogg Toggs though is by far the best for breathability and keeping dry the longest. I got mine off of their factory outlet store on ebay for about 36.00 bucks delivered. I used it so much the "paper" it is made out of frayed so bad I am embarrassed to wear it. It is still more waterproof than my dickies, coleman and two kinds of cheapie Bass Pro camo rain gear though.

I guess I should have ponied up the money for Gore Tex from the beginning although no one will confirm it stays dry when you are sitting in a puddle on your chair LOL.

I swear every year in the winter when I don't get out much, I will go and put a couple of riveted grommets in the seat of my chair, so the water can drain out... Then fishing gets in the way and I don't get it done, and the first rain storm I get soaked.. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...