Gals 'n' Pals Haliburton 2015 results

18 teams did their best to avoid sunburn on a lovely day to be on the water. Some were more successful at that than others. Oh, and some managed to catch some fish.

Before I go any further, my apologies, once again, for not having any help with the proceedings. Monica had some family business to take care of, so I was once again doing my headless chicken routine.

Erin Kennedy was helped/hindered, take your pick, by dad Pat, and came oh so close to prize money, weighing in a basket of 12.1 lbs. In 5th place, with 12.75, were Jenn and Barry McCrackin, not a bad haul for that position.

4th was taken by Audrey and Chris Little, with 13.5 lbs, and they just got nipped by 3rd place finishers Nicole and Craig Lanegger, who landed a total of 13.7.

2nd place was taken by newcomers Jennifer Button and partner Chris Iles, who weighed a basket of 15.4 lbs, but even if my thumb had been on the scales they wouldn't have beaten...

TADA! Megan Meharrie, ably assisted by Patrick Good, with a total of 16.6, no doubt helped by the biggest fish for the day, a smallmouth that bent the springs at 5.35 lbs, truly a whopper.

Only two teams declined to weigh in, but nobody was totally skunked, and fully half the teams had weights over 10 pounds. My thanks to Alan and the folks at RPM Marine, a first-class facility. If you need a launch, maintenance, or just something for the boat, do yourself a favour and stop in.