Advice on an Ultra Light

FloatnFly

I think there is an ultralight St croix avid for sale in the classified at 120. Fantastic rods.

I see that! great rod, but is it worth going into downtown toronto during the pan am games chaos for? i dunno. could be a 4 or 5 hour drive with traffic backups cause of the stupid HoV lanes

going to pop into Sail today and see what they have

I see that! great rod, but is it worth going into downtown toronto during the pan am games chaos for? i dunno. could be a 4 or 5 hour drive with traffic backups cause of the stupid HoV lanes

going to pop into Sail today and see what they have

I've driven in the city a lot during the games. If you are off peak it is ok. Also driven a few times with the family. The HOV lanes were great. If you have to drive through the city the 407 is always an option.

Edited by Roaring Dan Seavey

I've driven in the city a lot during the games. If you are off peak it is ok. Also driven a few times with the family. The HOV lanes were great. If you have to drive through the city the 407 is always an option.

yea, it would be mid day, and on a Sunday or Monday

Get yourself a Fenwick Eagle in UL or L, great rod for panfish, and only $62 Gagnons should have them, I see you are in the Shwa... The Ugly stick ultra light is like fishing with a wet spagetti noodle...

Edited by DOS

Picked up a Daiwa Tri-Force UL, a Daiwa Laguna 2000 reel and 4lb Trilene.

I had the Fenwick in my hands, and didn't quite like the way the grip felt in my hands.

For $93 got the whole outfit. Maybe try it out tonight in Whitby Harbour

Also picked up a power inverter for the truck so I can plug my shop-vac into it to blow up my inflatable boat. got a Fish Hunter 260 by Sevylor

The Ugly Stik lite was the first ever 'serious fishing rod' I've ever used. Paired with my Pfluger President it has caught tiny walleye, and small bass all the way up to 10 pound Sheepshead. Plus it's durable. I have slammed the tip in the car door lots of times.

When I got my Mojo Bass I could tell the difference in sensitivity but the Ugly Stik should treat you very well.

Went into Gagnons, felt they were a little over priced on their rods, so hopped over to Sail. Put all the ultra light rods i could and lined them up, put each one in my hand and picked the one that felt best, and that was the diawa. its rated for 1-4lb and 3/32oz-1/8oz

Also picked up a power inverter for the truck so I can plug my shop-vac into it to blow up my inflatable boat. got a Fish Hunter 260 by Sevylor

Nice, I have a fish hunter as well. Couldn't tell you the model number but it seats 2 and has slats on the floor so I can stand up and wooden benches. Great for small lakes with an electric. I feel like I'll fall out of the boat before I'd tip it over too. great for pursuing panfish like it sounds like you will be with your new ultra-light. Good luck!

Nice, I have a fish hunter as well. Couldn't tell you the model number but it seats 2 and has slats on the floor so I can stand up and wooden benches. Great for small lakes with an electric. I feel like I'll fall out of the boat before I'd tip it over too. great for pursuing panfish like it sounds like you will be with your new ultra-light. Good luck!

Not just for panfish. Theres some beauty pike spots around here, also for river mouths that are tucked into harbours, theres a few, great for salmon and steelhead.

theres also a couple of area that will boats, but only electric motors or paddles, no gas engines even if they aren;t running, great pike, bass and carp spots

just throwing in my 2 cents even though you bought a rod, for others that are interested, i bought a bass pro UL glass for 24 bucks and actually love it.

I paired it with a Shimano sienna FD that I got on sale from crappy can and it literally fishes as well as one of my 150 dollar combos.

rods a little whippy but nothing wrong with it when fishing UL, the fighting power is there. caught a few 3 lb smallies on it and it wasnt an issue.

Edited by AKRISONER