5 hours in the ER makes for a lousy day

lew

Thanks fellas, I'm feeling great today other than a few spots that are still sore, specially in my left ear.

I'll head into town this morning for the bee killer aerosol and blast the daylights out of them this evening.

I've used this product before and it kills them instantly.

download.jpg

Edited by lew

Glad to heAr you made it through this Lew. Our one grand-daughter ran into a nest of bees in the ground some years back and they really did a number on her. Nasty little buggers. Thank goodness you are not allergic to,bee stings. Drink a cup of coffee for me this morning if you will.

Glad you're okay Lew. Could have been much worse.

I was lucky in almost your same situation when I disturbed a hornet nest in shrubs I was trimming. Fortunately the hornets attacked the electric hedge trimmer and dive bombed it as I dropped it to the ground and ran. They continued to dive bomb the hedge trimmer even after it was unplugged. Late in the afternoon I drove my truck to within about 10 feet of them, rolled down the window a few inches and sprayed the little guys. It worked. Don't give them a chance to get you again when you spray. Since your system is already topped up with their nastiness you might consider having a neighbor do the job for you.

I'd volunteer if the drive weren't so long.

My shrubs are ready for a trimming and last week I sprayed them with insect spray so I'll be okay to trim in coming days.

I was lucky the first time. Believe I already said that.

Since they're in the ground you might locate their hole in the ground and start a walk behind mower over their nest, then wait for the sun to come up which will cause them to get out of bed and head out of the hole. Still a good idea to check the hole for a few days.

I'm gonna use the RAID killer 1st and I'm sure it'll do the trick. We found a nest under the deck last year and this stuff was amazing. I hit it about 5 in the morning before the critters were awake and we never saw another one. Pulled the nest down and dumped it way back in the woods.

Lotsa good suggestions though and all appreciated.

Or maybe I can catch them alive and haul them down the road to my buddies place who's having a problem with the Canada Geese using his property as a public washroom. I'll get rid of my bees and he may get rid of his geese....win win for everybody :lol:

Glad to hear you are ok buddy! When i was a kid i collapsed a ground hornets nest in my backyard and was swarmed instantly, i was stung almost 30 times and definitely felt some of those symptoms.

The kicker being it was on my birthday!

Important note lew, after that attack i devolped a mild allergy to bees so that a single sting will swell an entire appendage or even limb so i have to be very careful now, it might be in your interest to take an allergy test and/or buy an epi pen to carry with you.

Good luck on your recovery, i need to see some big ski pics from you yet!!

Glad to hear you are OK Lew!

Years ago I had an experience with them, I was cutting some high weeds in a field behind my old home with a scythe, the next thing I knew I was under attack!

I went running to the back of the house and turned on the garden hose and started spraying myself and the area around me to chase them away. My two older girls were young then, and thought dad was playing and came running over to play too. I chased them in the house so they wouldn't become new targets.

I must have gotten stung 20-30 times, but no problems from it, I certainly don't want it to happen again though.

sorry to hear this,I had a similar incident with them a couple times. If they are borrowed in a hole in the ground they are probably yellow jackets(wasp). very aggressive if you go anywhere near the nest. What I did was wait til they settle down in the evening then pour gas down the hole and light it. Took care of the problem. I guess you could also empty a can down the hole in the evening as well as they should all be in there and in a relaxed state.

Thanks for that link bowslayer, it was interesting reading.

I just got back from town with a couple large aerosol cans of bee,wasp & hornet killer by RAID. We're heading up towards Bancroft for dinner tonight and if we're back before dark I'll do it then, otherwise I'll wait till Monday evening.

All the stings I received are now showing up as red dots red it looks like I got hammered even more times than I originally thought plus some swelling under each eye where I got hit alot.

Oh well, I'm feeling pretty good now and will just chalk this one up to one of lifes little hiccups.