Getting rid of geese

lew

A customer of mine swears by these sonic bird deterrents that TSC sells. His property backs onto one of the Pondmills ponds here in London; they couldn't let their grand-kids play in the back yard because of the mess. After two days the birds had moved on and haven't come back?

http://www.tscstores.com/SONAR-BIRD-SUPERSONIC-SOLAR-P41433.aspx#.VaUkzxtViko

Dan.

Del Cary (sp) Park in P'Boro uses those whistling sounding fireworks to scare off the geese...not sure how effective they are but it sure puts the move on them at the time...

Meely tied string across the shoreline at the Manor to discourage them...

Monofilament fishing line, get 20 lbs test and line the shoreline. A lot of crane operators use it so birds don't fly into them. It's cheap and it works. Geese can spot the line a lot better than we can and it act like a barrier

My bud got an air horn and blasted the geese everytime they came near his property, plus he put a bunch of those 12" windmills around and it seems to be working and he hasn't seen a goose in days now.

If you can be there to shoot at them, just run them off. Works just the same. There is a fine line between harassing game, and protecting your property. Just run the silly things off.

S.

As mentioned Shane, they were chased away with an airhorn and haven't returned in several days.

As mentioned Shane, they were chased away with an airhorn and haven't returned in several days.

I missed that. Geese are VERY smart. It doesn't take much to "educate" them. Spook them a couple times, and they're gone for good.

S.