Pan Am tickets

captpierre

I really can't stand when some of you guys get so negative on these positive posts about the event and some even getting off topic about car salesmen. My parents used to say if you don't have anything good to say then keep your comments to yourself.

Go find another forum where people like all of the negativity because OFC is not the place for this.

I really can't stand when some of you guys get so negative on these positive posts about the event and some even getting off topic about car salesmen. My parents used to say if you don't have anything good to say then keep your comments to yourself.

Go find another forum where people like all of the negativity because OFC is not the place for this.

Get back on topic will ya... :clapping:

I agree that I got off topic. My point is similar to the one Cast-away made, just not stated as well. The games are a great opportunity to celebrate athleticism, and I am enjoying them. If you don't that is fine, but please don't get all negative about petty little things, as in my opinion there is far too much negativity in the world. If people were to appreciate what they have, instead of tearing down what they see wrong in others, and even maybe celebrating with others, or at least take action instead of just criticizing, the world would be a better place in my opinion.

Sorry again for getting off topics.

I agree that I got off topic. My point is similar to the one Cast-away made, just not stated as well. The games are a great opportunity to celebrate athleticism, and I am enjoying them. If you don't that is fine, but please don't get all negative about petty little things, as in my opinion there is far too much negativity in the world. If people were to appreciate what they have, instead of tearing down what they see wrong in others, and even maybe celebrating with others, or at least take action instead of just criticizing, the world would be a better place in my opinion.

Sorry again for getting off topics.

Feel free to post my final thought on this one.

The games are what it is. Im not sure if the city/ province will win or not with this.

I cant wrap my mind around this though,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Toronto Pan Am Games security to cost $247-million

How is this covered and by whom? Seem outragous to me.

Another question, as I have tried to find it and cant.

Where the events are held. Like say, Hardwood Hills in Oro Medontie. Do all ticket sales or partial of the funds, go to the event holder or township?

Edited by Brian B

Don't see anything wrong with people criticizing a sports event (not even olympics) that will cost 2.5billion of our tax dollars (if it was private funding my views would change) when homeless levels last june were at a record high. Think they are more important areas we can be spending public money and it is my right to question that instead of blindly supporting this event.

Well I'm one of those civil servants you speak of. I did work yesterday and am picking up a shift today. I'm there to provide medical care for injured athletes as its mandatory in order for the games to go on. I work along with doctors, physiotherapists and chiropractors in the medical outposts. I guess I feel a little offended from some of the comments I have read but at the same time I'm not shocked. Many times I work for an uncaring and uneducated public until we are needed. Am I saying that all the monies spent are justified? Absolutely not but let's not paint every everyone with the same brush.

Well I know my youngest wasn't too happy about having to push her sister half way across down town in a wheel chair to get from $30 parking to the gymnastics event in the Coliseum last night. They wouldn't even let her drop her at the door and then go park... after that they enjoyed what they got for $77.50 ($50 accessibility + 27.50 assistant seat)

I am too. I walked 12.4km sweeping angus glen. It wasn't fun.

Security cost that much because there are six police services working 24/7 for the entire games plus a private security firm. In a perfect world security wouldn't be necessary however, with all the extreme left wing groups threatening to cause havoc, different groups world wide wanting to make statements and the fact that athletes and visitors from all around the world want to feel safe, security is necessary.

Went to see women's soccer last night in the Hammer.

Pleasantly surprised to find that the ticket price included two games! At 5:30 we saw Brazil decimate Ecuador and at 9:30 Canada played Costa Rica( and unfortunately lost ).

Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It's was a great evening and the staff and volunteers were very organized and accomodating, getting us to the stadium and through the concorse and to our seats. Really surprised at how friendly and professional everyone was.

The Tiger-Cats could learn a few things about the fan game experience from this crew.

Edited by Mike Pike