Pan Am tickets

captpierre

The prices are in line with top flight international competition. It is unlikely that they will drop prices beyond the 20% that was already offered. It is more likely that tickets will be given away. Doesn't make a lot of sense but that is the way it works.

Going to the rugby on Sunday afternoon at BMO for $35 a ticket, not really "crazy expensive"

Most of the arenas are pretty small meaning there's no such thing as bad seats for most events and no need to go for the pricey options

The prices are in line with top flight international competition.

Whoa, you mean there is going to be some top flight international competition? All I've seen so far is Pan Am games advertised .... not top flight international competition...

unless it the Sham Am games you are referring to as that top flight international competition, lol.

Rugby was awesome, two golds for Canada and I'd say it was top flight level play :good: and a great value day out (apart from the beer but that was my choice ;) )

Woodenboater - I guess it's because sevens is a lot less physical than 15s (quick scrums, no real rucks/mauls), I think all teams played 3 or 4 x 15 minute games yesterday so the whole "tournament" is over a weekend. Sevens is also a lot more crowd friendly as it's end-to-end.

Like Cast-Away, I took transit for free. Maybe the detractors should actually go before knocking it?

with reference to the car salesman comment....in the showroom all the people walking around with Pinocchio like noses are customers....not salesmen.

If a salesman is lying to you report him to OMVIC!!!

I disagree, for example just ask him if that's the best price they can do. The next thing out of his mouth is a lie

Whoa, you mean there is going to be some top flight international competition? All I've seen so far is Pan Am games advertised .... not top flight international competition...

unless it the Sham Am games you are referring to as that top flight international competition, lol.

That comment is ignorant. Besides the elite high level athletes competing at the games, there has also been a large investment in developing sports infrastructure, most of it outside the downtown core.

Pick a sport and go out and enjoy it. If you choose not to fine, but please do not add your voice to the rest of the sheep complaining. That is just baaaa d form.

16 events are qualifiers for the Olympics . My wife was elated to win tickets to the equestrian event..not something I would watch but her and my daughter are very excited.. front row too..

was at the aquatics today when we won some hardware. looked iffy for a bit with the women's 10 m but they nailed their last dive to grab the gold. walked over to roller sport speed skating and that was interesting, seems like it's popular in south america judging by the results ;)

I disagree, for example just ask him if that's the best price they can do. The next thing out of his mouth is a lie

and I disagree with you....not saying salesmen don't lie but if we lied as much as customers then we would all likely be in jail....sold a Santa Fe to a guy today and on his trade in the disclosure he said no insurance claims or damage...when we did the car proof what do you know there is a claim of several thousand dollars, when I asked him about it he said he forgot....LOL....if a customers lips are moving there is a good chance they are lying....

Edited by lookinforwalleye

That comment is ignorant. Besides the elite high level athletes competing at the games, there has also been a large investment in developing sports infrastructure, most of it outside the downtown core.

Pick a sport and go out and enjoy it. If you choose not to fine, but please do not add your voice to the rest of the sheep complaining. That is just baaaa d form.

Sorry, didn't know if I didn't agree with you, that made me a sheep.

I guess "elite" and "high level" have different meanings for different people.

and we'll see how the investments are used upon completion of the games....such as the Milton velodrome. I gave it three years until its re-purposed.

Just to clarify, I said you're comment was ignorant, as in lacking valid information and not based on facts.

I also said that you are a sheep because you bashed the games seemingly for the sake of being negative, not because you disagree with me. If you were to provide some solid reasons as to why you hate the games, besides the fact that your already long commute has become longer, than you would be adding done thin tintype conversation.

Buy them, Buy many and please buy often. But wait... increased ticket sales could be spun into success and be a catalyst to us landing a first class games like the Olympics which would cost even more than these games will.

Shouldn't they be begging countries to host games instead of countries bidding for them? Sounds Bass Ackwards to me. Anyhow, I hope the athletes get what they need from the games but as far as the games revenue/cost ratio is concerned I only want to see complete FAILURE so they or any other game(s) never set foot here again.

I know I can rain on just about everything but when I see us cheering for games and people in the same city living in increasing squalor, personal bests are truly meaningless.

If all else fails they could give them away at the LCBO with a purchase. :whistling:

Just to clarify, I said you're comment was ignorant, as in lacking valid information and not based on facts.

I also said that you are a sheep because you bashed the games seemingly for the sake of being negative, not because you disagree with me. If you were to provide some solid reasons as to why you hate the games, besides the fact that your already long commute has become longer, than you would be adding done thin tintype conversation.

Comments of a public servant for whom the sun always shines on the pot of gold which is the public purse? A lot of people made out like bandits and others will write their names in history while patting themselves on the back for this fiasco of another rotting corpse dumped in a black hole of debt we continue to allow bureaucrats to dig in our name.

Building so called infrastructure for this second rate event while we get stuck with the bill? You Danny are the ignorant one. Since when do we have to host something in order to build infrastructure??? Inane comment and sad if one thinks it should be done this way. If you need it, and it is necessary, build the Damn thing!!!!! Mountain bike courses and velodromes aren't necessary.

In 2011 Guadalajara used the games in order to build much needed infrastructure(Cause they had none) and it cost them $200 Million. Its going to cost us well over $2 Billion. For a track and a couple of swimming pools? What type of genius thinks this is a good use of OUR money in a flailing economy? That's beyond ignorant.

Better to be referred to as a Tin Hat than a Cement Head.

Edited by moxie