Cheap Motels in the Sault

Headhunter

Our fly in trip has been moved up a day, giving us an extra day at the lake! Thanks White River Air!!!!!!

We will be spitting the drive up from Hog Town and are planning on spending the night in the Sault Thursday night, then off to White River for our mid afternoon flight in.

Hoping to garner some local info re a cheap, but clean hotel for Thursday night.

Many thanks in advance...

HH

Thanks 10point, but I would rather not deal with the border crossing and the inherent issues, especially since we will be packed to go right onto the plane.

With my luck, they would take my Flex apart and leave us with a 100 piece jig saw puzzle to put back together!

HH

Stay in Wawa!!! There's plenty of motels and restaurants. Best eats is the Kinniwabi Pines right on 17 a mile or two from town.

Best place to stay with a group of guys is the log chalets the Wawa Motor Inn rents out. They are FANTASTIC and only a few hundred yards down the road from Timmies.

If you consider a motel in town the only one I'd recommend is the Mystic Isle right on 17 south of town.

Edited by Mike Borger

Super 8 right on the way in to town is cheap enough I think. A few hundred yards on the left just past first stop lights coming in .

Sandros restaurant a hundred yards past it is a good spot to eat...best clubhouse ever..just before the lights is the Roadhouse...my watering hole

Adams motel heading out would also be inexpensive. Follow 17N route past the water tower, turn right heading north and its a couple miles up on the left..Giovanis restaurant is a nice place to get italian or the Fiesta or whatever its called next door is cheaper and good.

Hog town to Sault is a solid 7 hours and Wawa is 2 hrs and 15 minutes more

Call Addy at misty mountain fly shop located on haviland bay (Lake Superior) just outside the soo. Rooms under 100 bucks, restaurant and a great fly/tackle shop.

Tell him I sent you.....

http://www.mistymountainflyshop.com

Or stay in the soo (Dara had some good recommendations) and fish the st.marys for a few hours.

Edited by TDunn

Hey Joe

My recommendation would be Mystic Isle in Wawa Spent a night there early June, Great spot, all Fisherguys, either going in, coming out or fishing locally.

Had a few adult beverages and shared a few fish tales with some great guys

Have a fun Trip

Rick

sleep in the Soo. Some good recommendations here. Then on the drive to White river you get to see some of the best scenery Ontario has to offer - instead of moose eyes glowing on the dark on the side of the highway. That stretch around Montreal River can look pretty interesting some nights.

Second the night drive though LSPP at night and moose. but drive slower than you usually would if you do. I found them much closer to the road than other places Bullwinkle usually hangs out at.

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites when I'm in the Soo. great rooms and quiet. you can often find very good prices depending on when you're going. decent free hot breakfast and across from Marks Work Wearhouse if that can be considered a selling point lol.

Edited by woodenboater