Hi all,

School is out for summer, let the fun begin!

Took my son Jack up to Lac Seul for the first time last year and ever since our last trip in September 2014 he has been bugging to go back, so back we went!

Fishing is kind of secondary on these trips but I love them more than my solo outings and given it is Lac Seul I still usually get to slam 25"+ walleye for an hour or so anyway.

Here is what we get up to……

video at the bottom of the pictures.

WE ALWAYS STOP AT THE SPRING TO FILL THE WATER BOTTLE, THIS YEAR WE THREW THE MINNOW TRAPS IN AT THE CULVERT ACROSS THE ROAD.

3.png

2.png

WE ALSO STOP TO PICK BERRIES ON THE WAY UP, THE BLUEBERRIES WERE STILL GREEN, BUT PLENTY OF WILD STRAWBERRIES AND RASPBERRIES TO MUNCH.

4_2.jpg

5_2.jpg

7_1.jpg

6_1.jpg

ONCE AT THE LAKE WE FISHED FOR THE FIRST HOUR

8_1.jpg

9_1.jpg

10_1.jpg

WE THEN HIT THE BEACH FOR A BOAT PICNIC

11_1.jpg

GOOFED AROUND AFTER LUNCH

13_1.jpg

14_1.jpg

WENT EXPLORING

12_1.jpg

15_1.jpg

COLLECTED CREATURES FOR JACK'S 'AQUARIUM' (this is Jack's absolute favourite thing about Lac Seul)

16_1.jpg

17_1.jpg

18_1.jpg

AND HAD A SWIM

19.png

21.png

20.png

WE DID SOME MORE FISHING AFTER OUR SWIM BUT BY 4PM EVERYONE WAS READY TO GO HOME

22_1.jpg

CREATURES WERE RELEASED AT THE LANDING, AND HOMEWARD BOUND

23_1.jpg

VIDEO

What an action packed trip for your little guy, no wonder he likes going up there! I always get a kick out of seeing young kids develop a fascination for their natural surroundings, good job. Doesn't look too shabby for yourself either, thanks for the report.

Boy, that is one "classy" chocolate Lab - he drinks Pellegrino while my chocolate drinks from the toilet!

Seriously, just great pictures, I envy you this time with your son as my little girl is all grown up and married. Guess I'll have to wait now for the grandkids to take fishing.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Sorry it took so long to respond, got my father in-law visiting.

I really enjoyed these photos you shared today. Thanks Simon.

My pleasure Tomcat, it makes me happy to know people enjoy these posts and pictures, I certainly get a kick from participating in them and recording them. Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated.

Nice report Simon!!!!

That looks like a great outing

Yah, We are wanting to try and take a tent out to that beach this year and camp over night….bug spray not optional….lol.

What an action packed trip for your little guy, no wonder he likes going up there! I always get a kick out of seeing young kids develop a fascination for their natural surroundings, good job. Doesn't look too shabby for yourself either, thanks for the report.

LOL…yeah its hardly a chore for me is it. He absolutely loves everything outdoorsy. We have just finished the hatch in his army worm 'aquarium'….brown fuzzy moths everywhere in the house…but very cool to watch the whole life cycle.

Boy, that is one "classy" chocolate Lab - he drinks Pellegrino while my chocolate drinks from the toilet!

Seriously, just great pictures, I envy you this time with your son as my little girl is all grown up and married. Guess I'll have to wait now for the grandkids to take fishing.

Lol…I was wondering when someone would catch that, just so you know….he rolls in any poop he finds, deer, horse, dog and even people poo once…..so not so classy after all….lol.

You couldn't ask for more than a day like that Simon. Posts like that really make us appreciate the times we can spend with our children ..

Yeah, I love our summer outings. These videos are great for me to watch on night shifts when I am missing my little guy.

Looks like heaven on Earth !

maybe that's why they call it 'God's country'….or maybe because its only God and blackflies that live here….lol.

Simon ADOPT me :whistling: I could be an insant uncle for your son,,,,you and your son Jack personify to the nines the joys of a father son relationship growing up with the great outdoors

This just made my day

John

Thanks John, you don't need adopting…you live in the great white north too!

You're raising that boy up right Simon. Just awesome!!! What little boy wouldn't love everything about that kind of day out with his dad.

Thanks Drew….its easy cuz I love all of it too!

Your family trips always make for a fantastic read Simon and you pictures are great, but I never know who has the most fun, you, Jack or Roloff :lol:

lol…thanks Lew…I think it's a tie on who has the most fun.

that's living :) been to lac seul twice myself what a fantastic fishery

Yes, Lac Seul is a special place, I have been spoiled for life being able to fish it whenever I please.

Can I have your dog?

LOLOLOL….he would have been on his way to you if you'd asked me that 2 years ago….they take a while to calm down, but now he has….HE AINT GOIN NOWHERE!

LOL, memories, I always had trouble getting my son to fish, he was either chasing critters, or food! Cool pics!

Thanks, yeah….he aint to much into fishing, take it or leave it, so we had to get busy doing other stuff too.

Looked like a great day. Good job on the video, I really enjoyed it. Your editing is very well done as well.

Thanks Dempsey…I appreciate the editing feedback, nice for the creative element to be recognized…a long way to go and lots to learn…but it is fun when I have the time.