Muskie Lake - Suggestions? (Barrie & North)

hutch4113

Have a friend that would really like to go Muskie fishing. Normally I would try Balsam, but I have not seen a Muskie there - while for a long time really. (I am going to suggest that is mostly because of me, and lack of experience fishing muskie).

Anyone have suggestions on other lakes in the same area we could try? I don't mind driving a little longer, if the lake is a better producer.

I don't mind driving a little longer, if the lake is a better producer.

If your just looking for numbers of fish the Kawarthas is a good spot as it's almost impossible to have a bad day there, but the majority of your fish will be on the small side.

If you want a chance at multiple fish along with the possibility of some very big fish you may want to consider a drive down to Lake St. Clair.

You just need the right "go to lure" if you want to catch musky in Balsam. Let me know when you are going, I might come and wash lures with you.

Taking Matt out - complete 180 - gone from hating fishing (I remember asking him) to all of a sudden loving it. I guess catching something big will do that...lol. He wants to take his Bro Inlaw too - so won't have room in the boat. Can you get another one?

Jack Lake has always been a producer for me. Mepps #5 Black Fury or Musky Killer (they tend to hit smaller lures a lot on this lake for some reason).

I can suggest 3-4 spots if you end up going.