From the depths!

Mirkydog

I have read about it happening, heard stories about it, but last week fishing Blackstone harbour, I experienced it! Hooked a nice smallie, broke water twice and then went down. Line got heavy, thought he wrapped around something. After a few minutes working it in. A 40+" musky poked his head up showing me that he was taking this bass, turned and snapped me off. What an amazing experience!

Gawd ive seen this so much over the years, and its AWESOME everytime!

My favorite was walleye fishing this tiny back lake, im talkin like 1000 yards x 1000 yards. Deepest part of the lake was maybe 10fow.

We had 3 walleye over the side of the tinnie firat thing in the am. And all you hear is this thrashing. Big friggen musky gets at least one right off the stringer, and actually bit through the stringer so we lost our fish.

About an hour later my dad has a walleye on and up comes another giant musky and take a 14" walleye like it was nothing!

Pike on pike battles are fun to watch too! They just go bonkers!

I had the same thing happen last year but with a perch and a pickerel. It was a light reel in, then got awefull heavy all of a sudden. Got it to the surface and realized why. The pickerel let go and I got the bitten perch and let him go :) Cool experience!

Gets the adrenal glands pumping for sure. I saw a hammer handle take a Walleye bigger than it was and refused to let go, Pike are nuts.. My buddy was fast with the net and got them both. That was fun to see.

Hahah, ive done that once about 4 years ago.

Big fish too! Bringing in about a 30" pike and another went to war with it. Was prob 35-37", hard to tell. Sure was fun to watch!

Kids thought it was the greatest thing ever

Happened to me as well on Sturgeon when a muskie tried to take a smallie off my line. I saw him come out from under an overhanging branch and smsah the smallie while I was reeling him in. I won the tug of war but when I threw the smaillie back in, the muskie came back and took him right beside the boat!

Man have any of you trout fished the upper manitou in NW ontario?

Two years ago my dad and I fished there for trout and we had a wicked day. We caught 12 lakers in about 120 fow with 2 oz bucktails.

Had a quickshore lunch then decided to try for bass in the little break off shore, tiny island on the other side.

It was 40 fow but you could see everything, water soooo clear.

I cant remeber the lure i used, but the bass came in scholls chasing it from under a log. It was just fun to watch. Tiny lil bass too maybe 14"ers tough to tell. After every retrieve they would chase, then retreat back to this sunkin log

The one cast a big ol musky came chasing the school of bass and a hell broke loose.

No hookups but wow was it awesome to see that musky just go nuts chasing the bass