Jump to content

DRIFTER_016

Workin' Down @ The Lake

Recommended Posts

I’ll see you in old town for a beer Dave

 I brought my hammer

Edited by Dara
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been raining plus I took 2 days off in town this week as well as a full day of fishing with Dara so haven't got a ton done this week. 😎

Got the North side of the loft all wired and insulated as well as a good portion of the West wall.

67699016_3532001130159534_20103979427031

Moved my bench and all the tools over to the finished side and got the vaulted ceiling on the South side of the loft insulated.

67824351_3531999960159651_38097331737770

Got a bit of plumbing stared in the West wall as well.

67926958_3532001880159459_74139016450350

Installed plywood on the wall of the storage space under the stairs where the 120 volt and 12 volt electrical panels will go.
Painted it up too.

67648410_3532001680159479_58574049772736

On the opposite side of the wall inside the bedroom closet resides the SAT wiring.
Still need to aim the dang things.

67965307_3532001110159536_53957136839239

Lastly, I got myself a little fridge so I don't have to worry so much about ice.
Built a decent temp shelf to hold it so I could reclaim the pair of sawhorses that were doing the duty previously.
Fridge stays cold all night after shutting down the genny at bedtime.

67885452_3532000203492960_17072232493198

Tomorrow is another fishing day with Dara before he flies back South on Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man what are you going to do with all your time after finishing the house? Other then fishing you’ll need to build a work shop that equals the work you’ve done on the house. Everything you’ve shown us all looks first rate. Congrats!!!!

Dan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Been raining plus I took 2 days off in town this week as well as a full day of fishing with Dara so haven't got a ton done this week. 😎

Got the North side of the loft all wired and insulated as well as a good portion of the West wall.

67699016_3532001130159534_20103979427031

Moved my bench and all the tools over to the finished side and got the vaulted ceiling on the South side of the loft insulated.

67824351_3531999960159651_38097331737770

Got a bit of plumbing stared in the West wall as well.

67926958_3532001880159459_74139016450350

Installed plywood on the wall of the storage space under the stairs where the 120 volt and 12 volt electrical panels will go.
Painted it up too.

67648410_3532001680159479_58574049772736

On the opposite side of the wall inside the bedroom closet resides the SAT wiring.
Still need to aim the dang things.

67965307_3532001110159536_53957136839239

Lastly, I got myself a little fridge so I don't have to worry so much about ice.
Built a decent temp shelf to hold it so I could reclaim the pair of sawhorses that were doing the duty previously.
Fridge stays cold all night after shutting down the genny at bedtime.

67885452_3532000203492960_17072232493198

Tomorrow is another fishing day with Dara before he flies back South on Monday.

Hopefully it rains.  I think Dara is pretty good with wood lol.  Pretty amazing stuff Dave.  Good luck out there.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think it was possible but today I found a chore worse than painting.

Caulking sucks big time!!!! What a horrible job!!! 😡😡😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave,  I have followed this project from day one. I started doing  my basement  and it’s been  a nightmare. I did the plumbing/ sewer work. The contractor is doing the rest. But does not come every day, they have jobs as  it keeps the costs down (part time work but good), but it takes time, lots of time. I admire your work efforts and determination on this project.

PLEASE write a book on the project.  

Do you watch  Mountain men?  I love seeing these guys on the homestead.

I’ll come up with a title  for you lol

“I built it, they will come”. Guiding is extra.

I had fishing  friend who  was a  caulker he was known as the Cocker! 

NOCE readied Dave . thanks

 

 

 

 

good reading Dave. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ketchenany said:

Dave,  I have followed this project from day one. I started doing  my basement  and it’s been  a nightmare. I did the plumbing/ sewer work. The contractor is doing the rest. But does not come every day, they have jobs as  it keeps the costs down (part time work but good), but it takes time, lots of time. I admire your work efforts and determination on this project.

PLEASE write a book on the project.  

Do you watch  Mountain men?  I love seeing these guys on the homestead.

I’ll come up with a title  for you lol

“I built it, they will come”. Guiding is extra.

I had fishing  friend who  was a  caulker he was known as the Cocker! 

NOCE readied Dave . thanks

 

 

 

 

good reading Dave. 

 

😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got some of the caulking on the West side of the cabin.
Also started taking the scaffolding down. 
Finally got the SAT dishes aimed so I have tee vee now. :)

I got some more plumbing mocked up and worked on my pellet cart that will live in the closet under the stairs.
Here's a couple of pics. There's 440#'s of pellets in it. Should be enough for 11 days before needing to refill. 

67876322_3543210855705228_18862176005185

68495030_3543210825705231_18165954419160

Had the drone up and took a few shots.

67902014_3543215752371405_15848677399551

68362181_3543216375704676_80020199779619

68609962_3543215665704747_45285509478188

68642633_3543216342371346_33298486308896

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night at the cabin before I head home and back to work. 
Got the caulking and touch up paint done on the West wall finally. 
Then I pulled the scaffolding down and started to set up to finish the gable end of the porch roof.

68337256_3554203317939315_45066559346882

68543251_3554203761272604_64319458749007

Got the laundry room electrical and plumbing roughed in and the insulation done.

69217549_3554204271272553_50955989314007

Also got the washroom electrical and insulation in. 

69133732_3554204544605859_51507567095971

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy your videos very much - I love doing work like that but at my age I don,t have the stamina anymore - if I work hard one day then I’m sore for a couple days - l wonder what you have in mind in the future in case of a fire around your place - I read a book where a couple built an elaborate sprinkling system around their place using pumps and water from the lake - it was good they did because it ended up saving their place  - enjoy the beautiful place you have - Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JoePa said:

I enjoy your videos very much - I love doing work like that but at my age I don,t have the stamina anymore - if I work hard one day then I’m sore for a couple days - l wonder what you have in mind in the future in case of a fire around your place - I read a book where a couple built an elaborate sprinkling system around their place using pumps and water from the lake - it was good they did because it ended up saving their place  - enjoy the beautiful place you have - Joe

I'm installing a pair of agricultural sprinklers on the roof.

They will give me 90-100 feet of coverage completely around the cabin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a little time to do a few things around the cabin while I waited for the rain to mellow out this morning.
Put in a little more insulation and got my scaffolding setup so I can get to installing the chimney for the pellet stove up and running. :)

69064880_3556619581031022_17580756019749

69325275_3556619707697676_20125543598831

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

so I can get to installing the chimney for the pellet stove up and running.

 I would burn apple and maple pellets, and add a box to the chimney for smoke,n , some fish.🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...