Workin' Down @ The Lake

Great to follow your solo project. Do you not have any friends up there to lend a hand? It really doesn't look like you need any help though.

Dave just curious why you chose pink over Roxul, which I loved working with or even a closed cell insulation spray. One small tank of spray is easier to transport and will give you almost double the R factor for the same depth if I remember correctly and no vapour barrier required. It's been a while since my last heat loss calculation. I do remember that 30% of heat loss is through the floor so even just spraying the floor alone would be worth the R.O.I.

Have you considered a Wind Turbine at sometime. I'm sure you have the wind rates to support one. The last I looked 50K would get you a system that has an ROI of 15 years. But that's for a full time residence and yours is not, yet.

I need more than Advil just thinking about what you are accomplishing. More pics please. Keep up the good work.

Brian if there was an island I would tell u but we do not have a wendys or burger king or swiss chalet, the list goes on ,,,it is not for everyone but it fits for us

Dave please do not be upset I am not taking away from your thread, just hoping your head did not swell too much so u could not fit into your temporary shelter lol

I heard your KFC is closing too

Great to follow your solo project. Do you not have any friends up there to lend a hand? It really doesn't look like you need any help though.

Dave just curious why you chose pink over Roxul, which I loved working with or even a closed cell insulation spray. One small tank of spray is easier to transport and will give you almost double the R factor for the same depth if I remember correctly and no vapour barrier required. It's been a while since my last heat loss calculation. I do remember that 30% of heat loss is through the floor so even just spraying the floor alone would be worth the R.O.I.

Have you considered a Wind Turbine at sometime. I'm sure you have the wind rates to support one. The last I looked 50K would get you a system that has an ROI of 15 years. But that's for a full time residence and yours is not, yet.

I need more than Advil just thinking about what you are accomplishing. More pics please. Keep up the good work.

All my friends are either working, lazy or injured. It's OK though the workout and feeling of accomplishment is great!! :good::good:

The floor insulation for the most part was free!!! All except 30% which I had to purchase to finish the job.

The blue SM were left over off cuts from a commercial job downtown that my neighbours brought home for me and the pink was reclaimed from another job they did.

My walls and ceiling are getting Roxul as I hate working with fiberglass, unless it's free of course. ;)

Yes I'm looking at a wind turbine down the way as an addition to the solar setup I will be installing.

My solar setup looks to be about 8K and to add a 300W turbine another 2K.

Currently taking an Advil break while typing this!!! :rofl2:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

The best price on anything is free. Good score. That is a great price for a wind turbine. I imagine you would be able to use the same battery bank for both the solar and wind power. 2 for 1 special. I have a beat up body after years of abusing it both on and off the job, not social abuse. Ice, ice and more ice. Some for the joints and muscles and the balance for the Mojitos'.

Last piece of the South wall is built and raised.

Put one of my 3 free temporary windows in for light and ventilation.

Currently on rain delay as there is a T-Storm moving through the area. I'm thinkin' I'll take it easy tonight and just watch a movie and drink a few rums. :D

11811439_1201048059921531_20220283524600

11811320_1201047873254883_96589127325970

Is this on Great Slave Lake?

BEAUTY project!

Robaxacet is better than Advil for back pain, trust me on this..............

Doug

No, it's on Prosperous Lake just North of town.

Capture_zpsceuaadlj.jpg

The Aleve is working fine. I just have muscle spasms and it fixes it right up. ;)