Workin' Down @ The Lake

I'm currently on week 2 of my extended summer vacation and have been hard on getting some cabin building done. First thing needed was a dry, shady and bug free zone to chillax in when the working was done.

Threw up this temporary shack in a weekend. :)

Now onto the cabin building segment. ;)

Took a lot longer than expected to layout the foundation.

Drilled 1/4" holes in the granite to drop my nails into to run my string lines.

Then it was time to drill 1" diameter holes 8" deep to drop my pier saddles into.

Then the saddles had to be set in non-shrink grout to hold them in place, before running my water level to figure out pier heights.

Then it was time to install my piers.

Now I need to frame in between the perimeter piers and once that's done I can install my floor joists.

If all goes according to plan I will have a floor by next week sometime. :D

Oh, and to keep it fishing related I did get out here and there and even managed to catch some troots!!! :canadian:

• Like 1

You know, if you wanted to pay my way up there, I'd be happy to help ya. I am a carpenter after all.....we could have the floor on and walls up in a couple days no problem!! I even have family up there I could visit at the same time! Just sayin!!

Lookin good though, your making good progress. Looks like you set up the foundation properly, and that's the most important part. Keep things straight and level from there, and the rest is easy!

S.

Looking good Dave!! Must be an almost overwhelming task by yourself.

You know, if you wanted to pay my way up there, I'd be happy to help ya. I am a carpenter after all.....we could have the floor on and walls up in a couple days no problem!! I even have family up there I could visit at the same time! Just sayin!!

Lookin good though, your making good progress. Looks like you set up the foundation properly, and that's the most important part. Keep things straight and level from there, and the rest is easy!

S.

Nice offer, you should take the man up on it Dave.

Edited by Mike Borger