Workin' Down @ The Lake

Nice. You still running the same venture? How many miles on it now? I just got a VK Pro. What a beast compared to the venture. Still have my venture too, no issues with it whatsoever. around 12K on it now. Winter is a great time to haul material. Get er done! 

S. 

Only just North of 5000 kms on it Sinker.

Been a hard 5K though as I've moved probably more than 50 tonnes of materials with it.

Probably why I wore out the clutch on it already. I'm looking at getting a SxS with tracks this year that will be fun and great for hauling with 1000# payload in the bed and 2000-2500# tow rating. Sure will make life easier when I get all my soral power materials. Those batteries are heavy. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 6:16 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

Only just North of 5000 kms on it Sinker.

Been a hard 5K though as I've moved probably more than 50 tonnes of materials with it.

Probably why I wore out the clutch on it already. I'm looking at getting a SxS with tracks this year that will be fun and great for hauling with 1000# payload in the bed and 2000-2500# tow rating. Sure will make life easier when I get all my soral power materials. Those batteries are heavy. 

Sweet. The VK has a much heavier clutch than the Venture, and the low gear is nothing but torque.

We have  SXS at work with tracks, and you're right, it will haul anything, anywhere.  Make sure you get power steering, they are hard to turn without, and also close in the cab, ours is a very, very cold ride compared to a sled. I only use it if I have to, usually to rescue one of our trail grooming snowmobiles. Its a beast though, and gets the job done every time. 

S. 

On 2/24/2021 at 7:53 AM, Sinker said:

Sweet. The VK has a much heavier clutch than the Venture, and the low gear is nothing but torque.

We have  SXS at work with tracks, and you're right, it will haul anything, anywhere.  Make sure you get power steering, they are hard to turn without, and also close in the cab, ours is a very, very cold ride compared to a sled. I only use it if I have to, usually to rescue one of our trail grooming snowmobiles. Its a beast though, and gets the job done every time. 

S. 

The Can-Am's are actually designed for tracks. There is a computer module that gets installed with the tracks that connects to the SxS's computer. It adds a track setting to the mode switch on the dash that changes operating parameters on the engine, transmission and electric power steering. It comes with climate control HVAC and I added heated seats. Damn thing even has power windows and power dump box.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 11:10 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

The Can-Am's are actually designed for tracks. There is a computer module that gets installed with the tracks that connects to the SxS's computer. It adds a track setting to the mode switch on the dash that changes operating parameters on the engine, transmission and electric power steering. It comes with climate control HVAC and I added heated seats. Damn thing even has power windows and power dump box.

Beauty! It will haul some material!! 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

3,600#'s of flooring arrived at me place today. Now I need to get it to the cabin.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's itching closer to the finish.  Just a thought Drifter you could always rent the place out to people when finished.  I'm sure a few members including myself wouldn't mind spending a week up there.  

16 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

It's itching closer to the finish.  Just a thought Drifter you could always rent the place out to people when finished.  I'm sure a few members including myself wouldn't mind spending a week up there.  

$1,000,000,000/wk  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Went out and worked on the trail for a few hours today.
Watered down about 1/2 of the steep section to help with not blowing out the track.
Got stuck good working on the new trail section up by the cabin. Dropped a ski off the trail and got sucked into waist deep sugar. A bunch of shoveling and yanking and with the help of my neighbour we got the grate big sled out of the woods and onto the trail again.
Back at it tomorrow and then next weekend haul out flooring.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally after many months and 2 tries I have the ceiling insulation installed!!!!
First go was in the summer and after 10 bales of insulation the machine had mechanical issues.
Fast forward to the Easter long weekend and try number 2. Got the machine out to the cabin, hooked it up and there were some issues getting it running properly. I ended up pretty much servicing the machine and then went and bought shorter extension cords. The instructions say that 50' 12 guage cords are OK but I was having voltage issues and popping the breaker on the machine until I dropped down to 25' cords.

I'm just glad it's done and I don't have to worry about it anymore.
24" of insulation should keep the cabin cozy I think. 
😁

spacer.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dara said:

If they drop the 14 day isolation I'll come help with the ceiling this summer

That won't be happening until you germy Southerners get your act cleaned up. 

OH, and that useless loser in Ottawa gets his $%^t together!!!

I won't hold my breath.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Interior paneling showed up at my lumber yard today.
I got there to pay the remaining $$$$ just after the truck had pulled into the lot.
Looks like the top row of the back trailer is my order.
I sense a bunch of work coming up. 
They're supposed to deliver to my place in town tomorrow and then it's time to start hauling out on the trailer.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Got  my buddy to tow the load out for me as it was too heavy for the ole Honda. Two lifts done and a 3/4 lift to go if the trail at the cabin holds up. Temps of 5 degrees tomorrow before it gets cold for the rest of the week. It's  actually supposed to be below zero from tomorrow night until May 1st. Maybe I can even get some pellets out. If the trail isn't great I'll cut trees to make it wide enough to get the SxS up there this weekend. 😁

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png