Workin' Down @ The Lake

Put a fork in er, she's done.

95666666_4444959248863713_50229388608253

I got 51 of the 60 bags of insulation out.
Now I have some issues with the truck from all the deep water on the lake.  🙄

95333257_4444959192197052_27278672086832

Now I've got work to do on the truck, sled, boat and one of my garages to get done before the ice goes out.

It's been a tough go this winter as I've not been well and am still in rough shape.

What started out as a bad flu evolved into bacterial pneumonia and as of this week there is still something going on in my lungs and the bacteria seem to have had their way with my inner workings as my liver and kidneys aren't working quite right.

More tests tomorrow, hopefully they find out what is going on and fix it. ;)

Edited by DRIFTER_016

• 2 months later...

Got the loft vaulted ceiling insulated as well as the walls except a couple of bays with plumbing to be finished.
Also got the ceiling joists/trusses done and lighting installed.

108549811_4760515357308099_6924377990098

109301175_4760515350641433_5042001455475

107732054_4760515393974762_3028684899404

Nice sunset last night after two days of rain.

109127460_4760533047306330_2269236771483

108463920_4760532867306348_5461565433316

107711163_4760532597306375_8243905479886

Edited by DRIFTER_016
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, misfish said:

You know Dave, I should of hired Wayne to fly me out to your cabin a couple months ago since I have been off. I would of worked for free just so I could fish. :):Gonefishing:

You would need to quarantine for 2 weeks when you got here before they would let you out into the community. Can't be letting you germy Southerners run amok!!!! 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

You would need to quarantine for 2 weeks when you got here before they would let you out into the community. Can't be letting you germy Southerners run amok!!!! 😁

Yeah............I was supposed to do a bison hunt in the Yukon this fall/winter.  Fly to Whitehorse, and then quarantine "somewhere" for two weeks.  Doesn't work for me...

Doug

3 hours ago, akaShag said:

Yeah............I was supposed to do a bison hunt in the Yukon this fall/winter.  Fly to Whitehorse, and then quarantine "somewhere" for two weeks.  Doesn't work for me...

Doug

It works Doug.

We haven't had a case of COVID in months now.

We have only had 5 cases since the pandemic was declared and testing began.

That doesn't mean there weren't other cases, they just happened before testing.

The docs are 99% sure I had it in February and March. I am still recovering and docs say there's still a while to go before I'm back to 100% again.

For 5 months I couldn't do anything as I was too weak and couldn't breathe.

9 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

It works Doug.

We haven't had a case of COVID in months now.

The docs are 99% sure I had it in February and March. I am still recovering and docs say there's still a while to go before I'm back to 100% again.

Oh, I have no doubt about the efficacy of quarantine, I just can't imagine hanging out "somewhere" in Whitehorse for two weeks and being confined to barracks.

Glad to hear you are on the mend!

Doug

16 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

You most likely had it. I just hope there hasn't been any long term damage done. To have had it and come out the other end unscathed is rare. I pray you are rare. I have far too much information concerning this dreaded disease.  When I was tested at the beginning of July I was to my surprise told that the test is only 70% accurate. I am going in to get tested next week, my shortness of breath is not getting better. A customer of my wife's husband that was 60 years old and in good health died suddenly when they were taking a walk one evening. They tried to get into see their family Doc and were told the Dr. wasn't available and would do an examination over the telephone. If it worsens call 911 and or go to the emergency at the local hospital. Something I have done in the last 6 months. I don't know how blood pressure, heart rate, breathing etc. is determined over a telephone. These new phones can do amazing things but turning into a Doctor isn't one,,, ,,,,,yet. Long story short the gentleman found it almost impossible to get any air to the point his wife dialed 911. Sadly before the Paramedics arrived he had lost consciousness and was dead on arrival to the hospital. This was in Haldimand County, Caledonia specifically. Autopsy results showed heart disease of which the name currently eludes me. I find I am saying that more and more these days. Congestive Heart Failure, that was it. I remember!! No one wants to wait for hours, alone, in the emergency dept. in a hospital but don't let it slide.

Everyone, please get medical treatment and advise before it's too late. 

2 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

You most likely had it. I just hope there hasn't been any long term damage done. To have had it and come out the other end unscathed is rare. I pray you are rare. I have far too much information concerning this dreaded disease.  When I was tested at the beginning of July I was to my surprise told that the test is only 70% accurate. I am going in to get tested next week, my shortness of breath is not getting better. A customer of my wife's husband that was 60 years old and in good health died suddenly when they were taking a walk one evening. They tried to get into see their family Doc and were told the Dr. wasn't available and would do an examination over the telephone. If it worsens call 911 and or go to the emergency at the local hospital. Something I have done in the last 6 months. I don't know how blood pressure, heart rate, breathing etc. is determined over a telephone. These new phones can do amazing things but turning into a Doctor isn't one,,, ,,,,,yet. Long story short the gentleman found it almost impossible to get any air to the point his wife dialed 911. Sadly before the Paramedics arrived he had lost consciousness and was dead on arrival to the hospital. This was in Haldimand County, Caledonia specifically. Autopsy results showed heart disease of which the name currently eludes me. I find I am saying that more and more these days. Congestive Heart Failure, that was it. I remember!! No one wants to wait for hours, alone, in the emergency dept. in a hospital but don't let it slide.

Everyone, please get medical treatment and advise before it's too late. 

When I was at my worst was during the first week of March the same time the first death in Canada happened. I went to emergency because I thought I was dying and couldn't breathe. Doc had me there for 6 hours doing tests as he thought I was having congestive heart failure. Luckily the tests and x-rays were all negative but did show the glass fiber looking things in my x-ray. At one point my BP was 193/139 and pulse ox dropped to 80% at one point.

Eventually I got better but I was down and out for 156 days.

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, although there's a certain someone in Ottawa I would like to give a double dose!!!  😜

• Like 2