Erie high winds today - dirty tomorrow?

landry

Today's winds on Erie are supposed to hit 35km SW.

I am planning on fishing out of crystal beach tomorrow - winds will be light.

Does anyone have any idea if water clarity will be bad due to today's high winds. I don't fiah Erie often - mostly St Clair.

Thanks guys.

I fished crystal beach on Monday. Was a light west wind and after the mess of a weekend the water was still clear. Could see bottom in 10-15 ft of water. I don't fish erie enough to make a prediction but Monday was all good.

The water is clear today even with the run off the mudline at Dover was not that far out at the mouth of the Lynn. We didn't have any breakers for a while so the shoreline is clear water where we are, it should be the same at Crystal Beach. The wind is picking up right now but nothing to worry about for tomorrow. Check all of your weather sites first. Windfinder.com is the most accurate predictions I have found.

Well. Truth is the fish were scattered. They were lone cruisers or in packs up to three. Some fish looked to be still on beds. We got most of our fish in 5-9'. Could not find any deep but gave up quick on that. Jerkbaits and tubes thrown back to followers were all we used.

We started at 9 and three guys came in with 18 real big ones on a stringer. We didn't catch much of course after that but found them big time around noon. We found some perfectly green stained water and bingo - it was on.