Just witnessed a 14" muskie being taken, what should I do?

Big Cliff

Now I don't fish muskie although in the 14 years I have been here I have caught plenty however, the only one I have ever kept was one that got the hooks into the gills and was clearly going to die. Right or wrong, I will not waste food, just my up bringing.

Today however I witnessed first hand a 14" muskie being taken and harvested for food. At first I was really angry and shouted out some obsenities but then I thought "well, might be that there is family to feed.

I spent a bit of time thinking about the times in my life where things were tough; living on strike pay of $11.00 a week where every meal was KD and whatever I could get to go with it in season or not.

I thought about not being able to understanding the rules or the laws! Then I went in the house, got myself a cold beer and wondered how that osprey could possibly have carried that muskie right up and over my head without the least feeling of guilt and I thought to myself "life is good"! :)

The thought of Cliff's blood boiling over witnessing illegal harvesting got mine into a nuclear meltdown. I had to read it twice to calm myself at the end. If I wake up chuckling at 3:30 in the morning I will look up Cliff's phone number that he's always posting to offer his help and guffaw loudly when he answers. Long days, hot sun, and heavy labor can sure make one susceptible!

Good One Cliff - I have been thoroughly taken!

Michael

Cliff I may have to have a beer with you and catch that perpetrator in Flight with my camera :D might have to call Joey in for backup probably a female Osprey

It sure is a beautiful sight to see and we have the luxery of being right in an area where we have a couple of them that seem to like to feed. It isn't unusual for us to see 15 or 20+ dives a day although to be honest with you, most of them come up with pan fish.

Oh, and you and Joey (as long as Paul approves) would be more than welcome to come and camp out on our deck anytime and take pictures until you run out of memory cards. :)