Peterborough Live Bait?

SirWhite

I guess it depends on where you mean when you say Peterborough area. There aren't really any great live bait/ tackle shops in Peterborough per say. If your fishing rice there's BJs tackle in Bewdley, If your fishing the tri-lakes see Frank at Bridgenorth tackle in Bridgenorth, In lakefield there is a small tackle shop on the main drag opposite side of the high school and beside an art shop, if your looking for just worms, there in every convenience store and gas station. There used to be a tiny place on Lansdowne st between lock 19 and Ashburnham by the TSC store, but I have only been in there once and for some reason I don't think they are open anymore, but I could be wrong. Its hard to believe that in a town with so much great fishing around that no tackle stores can survive, and most rely on crappie tire for tackle. Me personally I go out and see Frank and shoot the breeze with him for a bit and support local businesses.

Yep, what he said ^

Its silly that there is not a great bait and tackle shop in PTBO. Its pretty much the heart of the kawartha's.

If you tell us where abouts you will be staying, I could maybe offer more info on bait shops. The one Matt mentioned in PTBO on lansdowne is closed down. If your in the lindsay/bobcaygeon area there is Kawartha Bait and Tackle in Lindsay, and Marks Worm warehouse just south of bobcaygeon. Both good shops.

S.