Some things never change

lew

I took the boat over to Chemong earlier today just to go for a cruise and as usual, the garbage thrown around the Causeway by the shore fishermen is absolutely disgusting.

Pretty pathetic the pigs we have to share this world with.

So sad.

I thought about making a post similar to this when I stopped at the eastern end of Guelph Lake along County Road 29. I'll never stop there again lest I get seen and lumped in with these people. Didn't see any beer bottles, but plenty of Tim Horton's cups, chip bags, styrofoam worm containers, etc. How hard is it to clean up after yourself?

I don't get it either. When my young family goes for a picnic, we pick up every single piece of litter we create and anything we can find nearby. I had to teach the kids not to pick up broken glass though. :)

When I was a kid, we used to live on a street between a variety store and a large complex of town homes. We'd be sitting out on our porch and people would drop litter (wrappers and such) onto our lawn while we watched. It was one of the big reasons we only lasted a few years in that brand new home. My Dad just couldn't stand it.

Wet a line at Adeline Park yesterday, the garbage was everywhere. And there are plenty of cans for people to use. To whomever was trying out their new Booyah frog bait, you're a filthy litterbug. That package was lighter once you took the lure out, so since you were able to carry it there couldn't you muster up the strength to carry it back?

It seems to be the same everywhere you can fish from shore. I checked a few places out over the years down in Florida and it is worse there.

What good are laws if they are never enforced. Local by-law officers should sit there without uniforms and had out tickets every weekend. It would be quite the haul.

I went for a musky troll last night to kill a couple hours. Launched out of view lake on scugog. Pulled up to the launch, got the boat ready to go, looked down, and there was a dead musky with no head bobbing just off shore. Clearly cut off with a knife and left to die. I hate people.

S.

I've never seen any litter law enforced, unfortunately. The highways are terrible in Southern Ontario but they sink to new disgusting levels in Northern Ontario. If I find one more Gatorade bottle of urine I'm going to ........ exactly....what can you do! What ever happened to "Litter bugs me".

Dan O.

Pretty pathetic the pigs we have to share this world with.

Yep. I wonder what there house looks like. Pigsty eh?

HEY!!

I resemble that remark!!! :D

My abode is not the cleanest in town but I'll be damned if I ever throw trash anywhere but a trash can. ;)

Dog hair is a PIA!! :whistling:

You should see the amount of garbage we clean up off our shore line every year and that's only the stuff that floats! Mind you, the bonus is I usually get some good crank baits and floats too LOL.

I hear ya!! Our deeded beach at the 9th line of innisfil is disgusting once the ice goes out. Usually takes a full day cleaning and raking.

I hear ya!! Our deeded beach at the 9th line of innisfil is disgusting once the ice goes out. Usually takes a full day cleaning and raking.

I'm not an icefisherman but a group of us from this board went to Simcoe about 10 years ago and I absolutely couldn't believe the filth I saw. We parked at a marina...KonTiki maybe ??...and it was worse than any town dump. I think every person that parked there threw their garbage out the car window and the crap that was left on the ice was an absolute disgrace.

I can honestly say that was the worst mess left by so-called outdoorsmen that I have ever had the displeasure of seeing.

Simcoe is terrible, between the half huts left out and the sheer amount of garbage it gets ridiculous quick. We keep a garbage bag in the hut and take it home when its full. The coyotes will actually come out on the ice to scavenge at night just cause its an easy food source.

I can honestly say that was the worst mess left by so-called outdoorsmen that I have ever had the displeasure of seeing.

Those people are not outdoorsmen by any stretch. Outdoorsman care about the outdoors. The people who leave their garbage where they fish are simply lowlife scum.

Years ago we could drive the entire way up to Nipissing from the border and not see any trash. We used to talk about this Canadian trait admiringly given it was just the opposite once we crossed back into the US. We have a river clean-up here, and it's pretty much the same 10 mile stretch that gets cleaned up every year. You wouldn't believe how much junk get's collected. We pile it all on an empty lot in town where it is displayed for a couple weeks. Tires, appliances, you name it. The jerks are everywhere.

trash. same here in Windsor,s waterfront. our waterfront allows shorefishing. sadly its made the news for trash,from fishing slobs. we for years have to remind city council waterfronts for families/fishing. city councils shows us trash from slobs. sadly this will be the demise of fishing on our waterfronts.