What a 'crappie' time of year!

limeyangler

Hi all,

I still haven't got my boat in the water yet, waiting for some boat carpet to arrive. But I have a good buddy with a new boat who has taken me out a couple of times. We headed out on my home lake to get some crappie and were not disappointed.

All up shallow, hitting live and plastic baits.

Got into some hammer handle pike too which were infesting the crappie areas and even trying to take crappie we were reeling in.

We tried for bass too, Vibrax spinner in fire tiger was very effective.

Can't beat a good day of crappie fishing, I use my old 13ft float rod with a spinning reel for them it's a blast, get far casts, picks up slack line for hooksets so easily, and great for twitching from a distance.

Thanks for all the replies gals and guys!

I am lucky to have buddies with boats who are willing to take me out, my boat has been a labor of love this year, still not ready to go, maybe tonight just round the bay, nothing wrong with it, just maintenance.

Slab O Fest!!! You guys sure hit the jackpot! Good job :clapping:

I see you hit the jackpot with the Dore the other day too!

Nice slabs :)

Thanks for sharing

Thanks Pump, liking your youtube videos BTW.

Nice video! You got the life!!

Thanks, yup life is pretty good up here, still stress as everywhere else but I'd rather stress here than in TO!

Wish I was there.................Thanks for sharing :clapping:

Thanks Newhips, anytime you do come up and need info or whatever, be sure to message me:)

Some good times!

YUP, for sure, and having it all on video means I got these memories even when I go senile, if only I can remember where my house is when that happens….lololol.

Wow, what a field day. Amazing fishery for sure!

Sure is Joey, after the spring though they are nearly impossible to find!

Can't beat a good day of crappie fishing, I use my old 13ft float rod with a spinning reel for them it's a blast, get far casts, picks up slack line for hooksets so easily, and great for twitching from a distance.

That is an interesting method. I used a 11 foot light spin rod for casting big slip bobbers when ocean fishing for mackerel. Like you said, good for getting and con trolling long casts.

Damn... Looks like a good time

Yeah, it was extra good cause the guy with me is my fishing buddy of old and gads moved back to the area after 3 years away.

It's the Simon show :) Great vid bud!

LOL…yeah, the videos are getting longer and longer.

surprised you guys have cabbage weed already!

Great times.

Its just starting to grow up, a bit like me…lol.

Love seeing the northern ON crappie reports! thanks for sharing!

The crappie up here are really prominent species now, lots of lakes with big populations, can't wait till they migrate to my shore.