jerseyans headed to temagami

paul sr.

Hi all. great site. headed to sourthen end of lake temagami for a week at the end of june. we hope to chase smallies during the day and "pickeral" at dusk. Anybody have technique or general area suggestions for that time/place? planning to stay @ Tamar lodge. do people slip bob or troll for the pickeral? worm harnesses or will they bite jigheads with worm or plastic grubs? thanks for your input.

Never fished temagami in particular, but up north worm harnesses, slow troll and shallow water works well. Jigs with light coloured twistertails or live worms always work well for pickerel in deeper water. Heading in that direction next week and this strategy works on the lake I'm going to. You'll catch plenty of bass and smaller pike incidentally with this pattern as well.

Can't speak for Temagami in particular, but the walleye up here are generally still holding in shallow water, as the water has yet to really warm up (low 60's on top and much colder than that just below the surface). In the evening, I'd concentrate on 6-12 FOW on whatever likely structure you end up finding.

Tamar was my first Canadian fishing trip 6 years ago. We mostly fished for smallmouth. We used senko type plastic worms. Actually the stikos from bass pro which are just like the senkos but cheaper and a little more tougher.