Nice Musky for my Opener

well i decided to hook up the trailer and head north for zone 18 musky opener for the first time in a few years. the cold front conditions had me worried but we managed a few fish anyways.

we boated a pike and 2 musky. one dink and one at 49"

we also had another 6 follows throughout the day

the big girl is my new PB in zone 18 waters... she came in hot in the first spot of the day... i saw her coming and went into a figure 8 and she continued to follow... on the second turn of the 8 i raised my bait nearly to the surface and she smoked it... first fish on a new rod... new reel... and new cowgirl... all performed great...

image_6.jpg

image_7.jpg

Thanks everyone

It was a really cool catch for me because I don't cast much and I especially don't get many figure 8 opurtunities.... I think I can count on one hand my figure 8 captures...

So for this big girl to cooperate and take boatside was special for me...

Come to think of it this is now my casting PB... Lol

Next up Ottawa River opener... Based on how sore I am today I gotta do more casting to get ready... Lol

It was a really cool catch for me because I don't cast much and I especially don't get many figure 8 opurtunities.... I think I can count on one hand my figure 8 captures...

So for this big girl to cooperate and take boatside was special for me...

You should try and cast more often Mike, specially in shallower weedy or rocky waters, and you'll be amazed at how many big fish you'll get on a figure 8