The Coolest Thing Happened At Our Tournament

Our local chapter of Disabled American Veterans sponsors two walleye tournaments each year on the Allegheny Reservoir for purposes of raising funds and securing vehicles for transporting veterans to their medical appointments. While many of us would fish this event just to support our vets a big incentive for some is the big fish award, which is 100% funded through donations. The big fish award is a big draw because anyone can win, anyone catch the biggest walleye, it only takes one bite. Well, this year two young men showed up with their boat on the roof of their car, and yep, you guessed it, even though they easily had the smallest boat in the 55 team field they walked away with the big fish award and close to $2,600.00, How cool is that!!! How's that saying go, "It isn't the arrow it's the Indian"? The 2nd tournament is June 28th. The big fish guarantee is $3,000.00 plus $10 for each team entering the event. The reservoir is only 2 hours south of Buffalo NY. If anyone is interested in fishing this event please send me a PM. I will be glad to help you get the lay of the land and lake. Here is a link to the DAV website with additional tournament information.

http://www.kinzua-walleye.com/

Thats awesome!

First tourny I held was a family day event, and a young girl won about 2 grand, a leather embroidered jacket, 3 trophies(first walleye, biggest walleye, most walleye)

I was really stoked on that.

Good on ya having a tourny for vets! Thats just awesome?

Edited by manitoubass2

Tournaments are ok but I really like the Orillia perch derby, anyone young or old can win it because all you have to do is enter a fish. The biggest, the most, the best don't impress me much although I have to admit that for five years running our boat won either first, second, or third in the Bellwood pike tournament, haven't fished it since, kind of lost the urge.

Glad to hear that yours did so well, can't think of a better cause!

Fished a Bass tournament at Scugog, many years ago, with all the big boats an motors, etc, and 2 guys rented a boat off Goreskis, and had a garbage pail for a live well, that was OKed by the tournament officials, and workerd very well to say the least as they weighed in just over 20 pounds and won the tourney by almost 5 pounds, all fish were caught from the mouth of the Nonquon, and they got 4000.00 for their troubles more then enough to pay for the one day rental,

• 2 weeks later...