Mosquito mania!

Reel Man

Think I'm gonna have to try the Thermacell. Looks to be a popular choice. Hope it's more effective than the clip-on fan that Off makes! Between that and a good slathering of deet, plus some light-coloured clothing and we should be prepared. Hopefully....

How about our 4 legged friends? Any tried and true methods for protecting them? Usually tuck a citronella band around their collars but not sure how effective that is...hate to think my boys might be miserable being ravaged by insects while I'm fishing comfortably.

Not our first time out or anything, just looking for some new or different ideas for increasing everyone's comfort. Going to pitch a tent somewhere next week, not sure where yet.......

I used to fish near Kirkland Lake and the mosquittos and blackflies were insane in the spring Muskol liquid was all that worked other than netting. The problem was the Muskol dissolved plastic so if you got it on anything it would ruin it.

At our place in Tiny on the beach we get zero blackflies and very few mossies which is great.

Edited by Canuck

Think I'm gonna have to try the Thermacell. Looks to be a popular choice. Hope it's more effective than the clip-on fan that Off makes! Between that and a good slathering of deet, plus some light-coloured clothing and we should be prepared. Hopefully....

How about our 4 legged friends? Any tried and true methods for protecting them? Usually tuck a citronella band around their collars but not sure how effective that is...hate to think my boys might be miserable being ravaged by insects while I'm fishing comfortably.

Not our first time out or anything, just looking for some new or different ideas for increasing everyone's comfort. Going to pitch a tent somewhere next week, not sure where yet.......

the OFF one is a cheap copy of the thermacell. the thermacell ones are great! a friend of mine uses it while turkey hunting,