Can't back up a trailer? Ford has an answer for that...

Gerritt

As for the loading up and stuff ya, that's not the place to be. But launching and getting out takes time to get it down. We all see it, but DanD put it right there.

Give a hand. Lots of times there are guys solo. I would hold on to the ropes and they back in, drive off,park . Hold til they get back. That saves a lot of time and yup, make a friend or two.

I do my 18 footer alone..I have a system just back it in undo the front hook grab the anchor rope and push off..once the boat clears the trailer i pull it back in by the rope beside the trailer and tie it to the dock. then go deal with the truck and trailer..

Lol I remember when i was 14 I was playing with grandpas tractor (old ford ) and small short landscape trailer.. was backing the trailer down the driveway and put it down the side of my aunts new Buick.. Man was she ever ticked..My grandpa told her she shouldn't have parked there..lol

I can not back up a trailer without turning around. I have tried for hours at a time. A long haul trucker told me you go ahead and do it however works best for you. I even tried taping cardboard over the rear window, no way no how am I able to do it as well as turning around. I am like a Pit Bull with a bone. I practiced on night shift for many hours and eventually was able to back up a welding machine, but, I had to turn around and see what I was doing.

The trick I was shown or I read it here maybe is to put the right hand on 3 and the left at 9 on the wheel. Think of "up" as the action or positive. If you go up with the right, the trailer goes right, up with the left the trailer goes left. If you can't see the trailer in the mirrors you are going straight. And saying it out loud really helps me. Easy peasy nice and easy.

Consistency is more important than the exact method that you use.

Switching between the mirrors and the back window is confusing because the mirrors give you a mirror image of what is happening while the window shows you what is happening. Most people seem to prefer the mirrors but looking through window should work too. Swtiching between the mirrors and the window will usually be confusing.

Similarily; if you always place your hands in the same place, you learn how the trailer reacts when you move the wheel. If you put your hands in a different spot every time then the trailer reacts differently depending on where your hands are placed on the wheel.

Im dyslexic and I can still launch with zero issues with hands at the bottom of the wheel.

Mind you ive had a ton of experience with trailoring everything you can imagine in the oilfields.

Ill never forget the first time I had to back up a 4x6 safety trailer into an area with about 4" give on each side, in a foot of snow lol

Practise makes perfect. Most people just overthink launching or get nervous with eyes on them.

Guys that dont prep the boat off the side of the launch are just ignorant or blatant (insert swear word here)

As for the loading up and stuff ya, that's not the place to be. But launching and getting out takes time to get it down. We all see it, but DanD put it right there.

Give a hand. Lots of times there are guys solo. I would hold on to the ropes and they back in, drive off,park . Hold til they get back. That saves a lot of time and yup, make a friend or two.

Did they in return help you blow up your toy boat.......LOL......:)