Ironic buying experience

HTHM

So I have had my eye on this boat for the past four days, contacted the seller and made arrangements to come by and view the boat. Went up to the area on Friday that the boat was at, (north Kawarthas) to help out a buddy with changing out his house water pump. Spoke with the seller thursday evening indicating that would like to come Friday morning or Sat afternoon to look at the boat. Friday didn't work for the seller so Saturday it is. Confirmed the meeting Saturday morning and went for a 3 hour fishing trip. While enroute I tried to get ahold of the seller to get the address and when he finally answered he told me the boat just sold.

To make matters worse, as I was continuing my drive home grumbling and complaining to myself, I saw the buyer towing the boat that I wanted to buy. IT WAS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: So if you just bought a Skeeter today and some fool was leaning out his window and giving you the finger....that was me. :glare: :glare: :glare:

The joys of Kijiji.

Ah kijiji is the worst for that, people flake all the time so when you're actually wanting to buy whatever the item is sellers generally don't take reservations.

Had a similar experience last year with a phone I was going to get for my sister, called the guy at lunch said I would be there around 6:00 as I was coming from Winona to Brantford after work so I drive out there go to the house and say I'm here for the phone and he tells me he sold it at 2:00 and didn't bother calling me. I almost punched him in the face, instead he got an earful from me

If he didn't call to tell you it was sold, he was a jerk. BUT, I don't blame him for a second for selling it. To many flakes on kijiji. I don't hold anything for anyone off of kijiji. These types of forums are a bit different in that you have a bit of an idea what people are about, and I'll hold things and take a chance when I wouldn't consider it with kijiji. Sorry to hear you missed out on it.

Had the opposite phoned buddy about a Pro Craft on a Wed. He was going on mid nights and didn't want to do it on Thurs. Cooled my jets until Mon. went had a look did the deal.

Fished Muskoka Pike yesterday had a little dead battery issue. That's my excuse for crapping the bed. Boat ran great went about 50-60 miles for 1/3 of tank maybe $40 and hardly any oil I'm stoked.

That sucks! I would be disappointed too. Thankfully your buddy's place is up there or I would have been really upset. Kijiji is bad for people doing that. On the other side, a very large amount potential buyers are brutal on kijiji too. I've been selling stuff on kijiji for years to the point where i've got my own system for weeding out the majority of flakers and I completely agree with porkpie.

I had similar issues when I was trying to buy my boat. I tried to buy a boat off of someone on kijiji and tried to arrange a meeting that was convenient for 2 weeks before saying forget it, and finding the boat I have now. The day I bought the boat, the other person called back and left a message saying I could go look at the boat that day.. In the end I'm very happy I got the boat that I have now and, when I look back, its probably a good thing I didn't buy the other boat. So don't worry, your boat will come soon. :Gonefishing:

I talked to a marine mechanic that I trust implicitly, and he said that I dodged a small caliber bullet. The motor on this boat was quite unique, it was a dual prop Yamaha and apparently if anything goes wrong with the lower unit, it is very expensive to repair. So, there's that.

Happens a lot selling stuff online to strangers. Not kijiji's fault but the select individuals that don't respect other people's time. It's a good pace to sell stuff, just a bit annoying dealing with all the flakes.

The trade requests are the best. I had one guy who seemed sold on my jeep only at the time of making the deal try to trade me a commercial fridge.