A Steelheading Trip of a Lifetime!

I was "This close" to running into you guys lol...........I picked up my nephew and his buddy with intentions of hitting the same water/same holes, but they called an audible on me literally as we were driving and decided they wanted to fish inland streams. Oh well, definitely throw a heads up next time you guys come down..........It'd be a pleasure to share a few drifts

I was "This close" to running into you guys lol...........I picked up my nephew and his buddy with intentions of hitting the same water/same holes, but they called an audible on me literally as we were driving and decided they wanted to fish inland streams. Oh well, definitely throw a heads up next time you guys come down..........It'd be a pleasure to share a few drifts

Small world eh? That would have been great! Definitely stay in touch, at some point we'll make it happen.

Small world eh? That would have been great! Definitely stay in touch, at some point we'll make it happen.

Yep, the fall run will be back before we know it lol..........maybe next season :) Ill still be sporting the LOOP jacket i snagged off of ya so keep an eye out for me lol

Hey guys!

Sorry, I've just now been able to get back to the computer.... Thanks for all the kind responses... Glad you all enjoyed the report!

Are you two guys playing match maker????????????? LOL

Great report Ryan.

Looks like the kids had a blast.

That's funny Brian... There would certainly be some perks to having Brendan as a son-in-law... his old man has a nice cottage up north.... and hey access to a couple of fly-in's per year wouldn't be to hard to handle either. lol

That was a joy to watch Mike. Great job on the video.

YES.. he keeps calling it a hack job... but I thought it was awesome. Mike inspired me to use one of my gopro's on a head mount and film more the things I do with the kids... I never want to film them as that's what I do for a living... I'd rather enjoy the moments with them rather then watch through the lens.. but with a head mount GoPro I can do both...

The prelude story about how the trip came together was very entertaining as well, and I new it would only get better as it went on

Glad you liked it.. I had hoped at least one person would get a laugh out of it .. haha

Crappy day at work but that just put a smile on my face!! What a great day with the kids you both had!

Burt :)

Glad to have made your day at work a better one! lol It sure was an awesome day.

Wow, wonderful. fantastic times. Those tykes caught more Steelhead that day than I've seen in all my years of trying to catch my second ever Steelhead. Vunderbar.

Oh and the music to the video, (Enigma maybe) I was waiting for some Viking warriors to ride up the river in slow motion, do Vikings ride horses, the video was great too Mike.

Don't worry Old Iron... they've both caught more then I have in my lifetime as well.. and bigger ones to boot.. lol

The dropback hole will never be the same! Awesome awesome!!!! Kids looked like they had a riot! (The dads didn't seem to have a bad time either!)

It is an awesome spot Bill... The kids did you steelheaders proud...and yes... us old guys enjoyed it as well..

This put a smile on my face

Right on bud!!! That's why we posted the report...

Sooooooooo gnarly!!!!

P1130744.jpg

Great report all.

Dude.. this is my new favorite pic... it's going up on the wall in my office for sure... :o)

Love seeing the kids out there getting into the steelhead action , great report !

Thanks man.. it's all about getting the kids out for me...

Is it just me, or do those kids look super competent for their age, very cool.

Lots of fish and no crowds, sounds like a great day.

Both of them started fishing as soon as they could hold a rod... Averie's first trip was in her stroller, casting for Pike from shore at Humber Bay Park...she was 7 days old.. lol

Ah bummer.. would have been cool to bump into you Blaque... I'll be on Mike to take us again in the fall or next spring so maybe then... I'm going to spring for a hotel room though so we don't have to get up at 2:30a.m. :thumbsup_anim:

That's fantastic! I'll never forget my first steelhead........ And neither will they!

Thank you for sharing gentleman!!!

Nooo problem... Actually it was my first ever steelhead as well.. prior to this trip I've only caught little shakers... and trolling out on the lake but I don't count those...

Wow, what a great report. Put a smile on my face. Excellent :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Thank Joey.. glad to put a smile on your face!

Awesome. Big ups to both you guys!!

Thanks Brah... Hope all is well with you, the miss and the little one.