Any of you guys use cookie dipsy"s

One of the charter guys were plugging them on WFN. Very small,obviously used for shallow water.Interested to hear your feedback. Thinking it may come in handy on the way to a few spots.25' -50' deep may be the depth for the most part of the run. Very hard to get a crank bait down that far for the most part without a down rigger.This area always shows fish near the bottom and half way up. Our bigger Dipsy's would hit bottom for sure.Thinking maybe a nice alternative?

we used to run the little dollar dipseys on down dive. put them out on planer boards with small flutter spoons. great on erie walleyes/rainbows.

Sounds like 20' max?.I can see it sure has it purpose. Going to grab one anyway and see how it goes.Thanks .

they are ok.

they don't have a lot of surface area, so they really "kick out" easily, and can cut across other lines.....

i believe big jon also makes a set...and these ones "plane"...but they sure dont...not enough surface area..instead they twist and twirl, screwing up your line.

i personally believe snap weights work much better when fishing water depths less than 40'.

they are ok.

they don't have a lot of surface area, so they really "kick out" easily, and can cut across other lines.....

i believe big jon also makes a set...and these ones "plane"...but they sure dont...not enough surface area..instead they twist and twirl, screwing up your line.

i personally believe snap weights work much better when fishing water depths less than 40'.

Good to know Steve,now I need to look up snap weights and how to use them lol.Maybe that is a better way to go?.

Thanks guys,as a side note ,I attached a snap swivel to my lead core line.Used a clinch knot ,something similar as you would for braid or other lines.Is that the way to go?Seems to be tight.27lb test .Last thing I want to do is lose my dipsy and everything because of a bad knot.

Good to know Steve,now I need to look up snap weights and how to use them lol.Maybe that is a better way to go?.

Snap weights way better for shallower water. Can't get much easier to use either. I love big dipseys but I wouldn't bother with those little buggers either. Easier ways to skin the cat!