Need some opinions of 2 rods

Ok, I'm looking at getting a designated jerkbait rod, I've felt everything in the store and have narrowed it down to 2 rods, both similar price range. The first is the Megabass Orochi Flatside Special, and the second is the Legend Tournament Topwater/Shake Flick. I'm not concerned about opinions on the price of these rods but I want to hear every other opinion you guys have on them. A few people have told me that a 7' (flatside) rod will be uncomfortable but I'm 6' and have used them before without much issue. I am aware that there are jerkbait specific rods in both of these series and the only reason I haven't gone for them is that we don't stock them. So with that, please tell me what you think!

I use a Dobyn's 704cb for my jerk bait duties. Casting setup, don't have any issues with it being 7 ft., wouldn't want a rod any longer than that though. Out of the 2, i'm not a fan St. Croix rods, ive held megabass in hand, nice rods. I would consider warranty on whatever I purchase. Not sure what kind those two carry.

Length of the rod will only be an issue from your casting position (angle from rod in hand to the water) If your in the bottom of a tinny a 7ft rod is too long. You'll knock it on the boat lip many times and it makes a god awful sound. If your on a casting deck of an All Species boat, 7' IS the ideal length, and you can put your tip in the water to negotiate weeds off your line

Chris perhaps you could special order he Orochi F4.5-68XX "Jerkbait Special" from Megabass, we carry it but I'm not sure how far away you are. That rod Chris is awesome I have 7 or 8 days use with it so far, 0 bent hooks, 0 lost fish and even handed a 5+ smallie very good. The Flatside special is close but not quite as short or parabolic.

Don't limit yourself if you can...I have everything from a Crucial to a NRX and it's hard to find a great jerk bait rod, that XX is super sweet won't get anything better for the job IMO.

MTBF

Oops to late, the Flat Side special I would probable use more for chucking other treble hook baits like small crank baits and such. See how it works, the extra 4" might take getting use to...get that Jerkbait special next year and your have 2 great sticks.

Oops to late, the Flat Side special I would probable use more for chucking other treble hook baits like small crank baits and such. See how it works, the extra 4" might take getting use to...get that Jerkbait special next year and your have 2 great sticks.

Can I get staff price if I come in? ;)