Grand River Cat Fishing Today

My buddy and I had the pleasure of fishing for Cats today with Fisherpete.

For those that don't know or have never met him, he is very personable, and knowledgable about the quarry, and the catching!

For some reason known only to the cats, they were not anxious to get caught today. But catch them we did!

Pete said we had to cast to the other side of the river, in order to interest the fish. Believe me he almost did! We caught a variety of sizes, but the biggest was around 15lbs!, the smallest would have been around 3 lbs.

All were caught on Petes specially prepared, and carefully stored premium special.*

I'm not shy, just careful of the sun. I hate sunblock stuff!

Here are a few photos.

DSCN0213_zpshghjpcnf.jpg

DSCN0217_zpsbgjaqnli.jpg

DSCN0218_zpspavfvzio.jpg

*see Pete for recipe

Edited by floatman55

We had a tough morning, but managed to salvage the afternoon with 6 quick fish, biggest was 17 then 14 all the way down to about 2 lbs. Ended with 8 I believe. Thanks Pete for meeting me on the river to complete a classified transaction lol nice hand off floatman :)IMG_20150502_094154_zps8nq05wst.jpg

Edited by Bondar

Great fishing with you and Frank today! It was indeed a tough bite today, catch a few fish then had to move to another spot. You and Frank landed 11, and I managed another 9 after you left for a total of 20. Six of my nine came in a twenty minute flurry just before dark.

Nice meeting you as well Jeff - that mid-river handoff was a wee bit sketchy lol!!! Oh well, nobody and no gear ended up swimming - all is well. See ya out there in the morning.

Back at it tomorrow - doing a multi-species day with Brian and guest Mike (cats and carp). Gonna be fun!!!

Pete

Edited by Fisherpete

I guess it will be up to Andy to receive Pete's tutelage this year. I did win the "Fishing for Tyler" auction that Pete donated, but things got a wee bit too busy here and I also did a hand-off, but not over water...........

I hope the cats cooperate when Andy makes the trek down there!

Doug

glad to see you guys caught a few!, some day I am going to have to save up some pennies and get Pete to take me out for some musky.

The part about Pete being personable is dead on, hes the kinda guy you want to be fishing with for sure. One of the nicest guys on the boards for sure.

Edited by AKRISONER

My buddy and I had the pleasure of fishing for Cats today with Fisherpete.

For those that don't know or have never met him, he is very personable, and knowledgable about the quarry, and the catching!

For some reason known only to the cats, they were not anxious to get caught today. But catch them we did!

Pete said we had to cast to the other side of the river, in order to interest the fish. Believe me he almost did! We caught a variety of sizes, but the biggest was around 15lbs!, the smallest would have been around 3 lbs.

All were caught on Petes specially prepared, and carefully stored premium special.*

I'm not shy, just careful of the sun. I hate sunblock stuff!

Here are a few photos.

DSCN0213_zpshghjpcnf.jpg

Is that you? Hard to tell.... ;)

Glad to see you and Frank had a good day.

Are. You guiding now Pete????

Yes I am Landry - the Fishing for Tyler charity trips I offered up have led to some others... and I have to say it's been an absolute blast helping people catch these fat cats! I'm just doing it on a part time basis on the weekends. I'll post a full report of all my trips later this week, last Saturday with another board member and his buddy was one for the record books... stay tuned! (Hint : 10? 20? 30? 40????)

Pete