[DEAL] Plano Boxes model 3750 $3 at Dollarama

adempsey

I have a close friend that wholesales product from China to Dollar and Giant Tiger stores. Sometimes he pays less than pennies on the dollar before it hits the shelf. It isn't easy other wise everyone would be doing it. They loose shipping containers full of product regularly. He had one container show up 5 years after he paid for it. He is in Halifax and Vancouver continually looking for his containers. I flew with him to Vancouver once to look for containers, I thought it might be a free vacation, I don't think so. Not for me that's for sure. Writing a cheque for 100K makes me nervous especially knowing much of it gets lost or stolen. Then occasionally he has to pay off the head Stevedore and craneman to dig the container out that might take a few dozen lifts to get it onto a truck or railcar. Then it's time to payoff the yardmaster to get it onto or off of a railcar. I'd have an ulcer in no time. It's mind boggling the amount of product that comes into the country everyday by ship from overseas.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Thanx for the info. I was in St. Catharines today & grabbed 4 trays at the Dollarama on Glenridge Ave., beside Cat's Caboose (wings & beer pub). They also had packages of 3/8" braided polypropylene rope - 50' for $3.00. I unfortunately paid $8.99 for the exact same product 2 weeks ago. You can never have enough rope on your boat!!

Lol, so the Mrs was going to Dollarama at Eastgate Square. I already snagged the last 3 at the Queenston Rd location but wanted a couple more. So she comes back with 6! Awesome but really more than I needed now! Now I have to go shopping for more tackle!! Woe is me... :tease:

To the OP, Thank you very much for giving us the heads up. What a steal! I picked up 6 at the heartland dollarama.

I looked at the Milton locations and 2 Mississauga ones and nothing.

Just went to this one on this lead picked up some for me and another board member

• 8 months later...

The last time this post was active was the last time any of the stores had any stock..lol.. coincidence??. I think not.. that's the power of the Internet and why you can't give specific locations where you fish.. now if everyone can ignore this whole thing then I might be able to get a couple before they are gone..