Trolling Motor Mount

northernboy

So here is an interesting rigging question for all of you. I have a Powerdrive V2 mounted on a quick release bracket on the front of my boat. I am planning on mounting a bow mount sonar to work off of the trolling motor. Here is the question, with the trolling motor being removable, how do you deal with the transducer wire when removing the motor, or is there a bracket where the fishfinder can be mounted to the trolling motor with a power plug setup?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Northernboy

I have universal sonar In my new unit, so I just unplug when I pull the motor off. When I had a unit without US, I just unplugged the transducer cord from the back of the sonar and secured loose transducer cord to the motor with a Velcro cable tie. Worked for me.

Edited by porkpie

Both my units power cord and transducer wires are connected, so i'd have to dissconnect from battery, and back of unit.

My TM is mounted permanent though, and good luck trying to steal it! I dont like the quick release brackets!

S.

I'm in the same boat(no pun intended) Lowrance has the power and sonar on same cord....has anyone ever try'd to cut the cord and add a plug with success?

I don't think that you would have to cut the cord to do that. Just connect it to a plug instead of connecting it to a battery.

This is exactly my problem. I have a Bird that will be used there and the power and transducer cables are locked into the base of the unit. Has anyone ever made a plate sitting on top of the release bracket or figured out a way to bolt the finder to the TM.

Thanks

Put bird on a ram mount, pull head unit off the bird mount, store the ram mount/ base unit with the trolling motor and keep a long Velcro cable tie to secure the base to the TM so it doesn't flop around. To do this you'd want to use a small 12 volt portable battery at the front for the trolling motor. Very easy to disconnect. I run my bow unit off of one of these anyway, to eliminate interference. Theoretically I guess you could attach a ram ball to the side plastics of the trolling motor and run it off that?

Edited by porkpie