What fly would you be tossing ? Or should I change gears?

misfish

Crazy weather. Makes one think twice, hell even three, four times on what to do for the opener.

With this rain and snow the last few days, Im wondering what would be hatching in the waters? Im talking creeks and streams.

Do I just leave the fly rod in the truck, and sport the spinning gear, or swing maybe a black stone fly nymph?

It,s been a real weather front challange. Even for one thats not fly savey. LOL

If anyone says take the toon out for crappie,I would not say no.LOL

Edited by Brian B

Well, all I can say is WOW. Waters so close to me and never even thought of fishing it. Water was very cold,the air temps the same. I fished a few spots and nothing. Tried flys and spinners. I was fishing resident fish. Another opener that is screwed up by the weather I think. I even stopped on the way back home and tried my fav resident brown spot. Not even a sucker to be seen. :dunno:

I would like to thank a member here for the lead. Thanks you for that. :clapping::worthy: Once the temps start to warm up a bit,Im going to head back there and try again. Miles of river to fish. :Gonefishing:

As predicted little tougher today. By the lack of cars on 28 and Sylvan Glen I would guess it was a bust yesterday. I get to fish the trout club it was OK.

Expect great drop back fishing in a week to 10 days.

lots of cars there today! i got to dale road over pass at 5am, was only one there, when i got back at 1030 there was 30, walked from dale road almost over to welcome, didn't see a whole lot